2015 Senior Bowl Thread

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
NFL Network analyst Charles Davis says Blake hasn't improved his draft stock and will go undrafted. Link

As NFL Network analyst Charles Davis sees it, Alabama's Blake Sims hasn't had a week of work at the Reese's Senior Bowl that will change the minds of NFL scouts as to his potential as a draft pick at quarterback.

Admitting he could be wrong, Davis said he doesn't believe Sims will be drafted.

"I think he came here with the idea he was going to be an undrafted free agent and I think he's going to leave here, from what I can tell, as an undrafted free agent,'' Davis said Thursday. "I can't see where anyone would draft him as a quarterback. I don't know that he has a distinguishing trait that says move him to running back and we can get something out of him there.

"I hope this comes off the right way ... I'm so proud of the kid and what he's done at Alabama and how he has persevered, and what a great year he had the last year. I'm kind of happy he came here and said, 'I'm going to be a quarterback' because he's being true to himself and this might be the last time he ever does this. And what a great way for him to go out and do it.''

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
264 on Fowler doesn't look like what "264" sounds like. haha. What is an ideal weight for a player in his position?
It'll depend on what he runs in the drills and 40. If he's not quite as quick as the scouts are looking for, they might want him to shed a few pounds, but if all the drills and numbers are good they'll take him as he is. Other reports are saying he looks really fluid, so he might be good to go where he is.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What? with all the talks of him performing well this week, really? I knew there might be a chance of him going undrafted, but dang.....
Blake is 5"11 and has an average, at best, NFL arm. He just doesn't have the physical tools of an NFL QB. That doesn't mean that he can't play or make it in the league but he isn't really draftable..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This sums up my thoughts on Blake also. At this point I think he would be fortunate to make a practice squad somewhere..
I wouldn't be stunned to see Blake go undrafted, but I also can see a team taking a chance on him as a utility player since this year's QB class is so bad.

Look at Julian Edelman and Denard Robinson. Edleman was a 3 year starter at Kent State and wasn't even invited to the combine. He had a fantastic short shuttle time (3.91), which helped him get drafted in the seventh round. Denard Robinson is now playing RB for the Jags.

My hope for Bama players to do well might be causing me to not see the big picture, but I don't see how Blake can't be like those guys. Like I said, won't be flabbergasted if he doesn't get drafted but don't think him going undrafted is a sure thing like Davis indicates.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wouldn't be stunned to see Blake go undrafted, but I also can see a team taking a chance on him as a utility player since this year's QB class is so bad.

Look at Julian Edelman and Denard Robinson. Edleman was a 3 year starter at Kent State and wasn't even invited to the combine. He had a fantastic short shuttle time (3.91), which helped him get drafted in the seventh round. Denard Robinson is now playing RB for the Jags.

My hope for Bama players to do well might be causing me to not see the big picture, but I don't see how Blake can't be like those guys. Like I said, won't be flabbergasted if he doesn't get drafted but don't think him going undrafted is a sure thing like Davis indicates.
+1.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
An exception to the rule doesn't change the rule..
It's not a rule, it's a perception, based on a prototypical concept. But, yeah.

Guys that are determined sometimes overcome this. It'd be nice to see Blake do it. He's done well enough this year, despite all that's been thrown his way since spring.

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
IMO, Blake would be better off going to the CFL or Arena League for a few years just to grow more as a QB. Then tryout for the NFL ala Warren Moon and Kurt Warner.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
An exception to the rule doesn't change the rule..
True. Not many teams are going to take a chance on a guy that may have problems seeing over the linemen. However, when the exceptions have a lot of success the rule becomes less hard and fast.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I still think in the right situation Blake could play QB in the NFL. However even if he can't make it as a QB I believe he could make a good RB for someone. He might have more NFL ability as a RB than Trent. I'm not piling on Trent and the situation he is in, I just think Blake could have been a very good RB the past couple of years had he not switched back to QB. I think he has better vision and quickness than Trent and is fairly solidly built to take the punishment. Plus with his ability to throw he would always be a threat that defenses would have trouble defending. But I'm not a NFL guy so what do I know. :)

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
The Browns might be in the market for a dependable, stand-up kind of guy with a strong work ethic......just sayin...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.