2015 Senior Bowl Thread

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The players reported to Mobile yesterday and were weighed today. The Bama players' measurables:

FB Jalston Fowler: 5'11", 264 lbs
OG Arie Kouandjio: 6'4.7", 318 lbs
OT Austin Shepherd: 6'4.4", 324 lbs
QB Blake Sims: 5'11.4", 223 lbs

Should note Nudie is playing RB this week instead of FB. Blake said after he plans to get closer to 215.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The players reported to Mobile yesterday and were weighed today. The Bama players' measurables:

FB Jalston Fowler: 5'11", 264 lbs
OG Arie Kouandjio: 6'4.7", 318 lbs
OT Austin Shepherd: 6'4.4", 324 lbs
QB Blake Sims: 5'11.4", 223 lbs

Should note Nudie is playing RB this week instead of FB. Blake said after he plans to get closer to 215.
man, nudie's big. i thought he was taller than 5'11

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban is at practice today...

Saban said he hasn't spoken with Ryan Anderson yet. Said he'll meet with him soon to get all the information
Saban said he thinks Lane Kiffin is committed to Alabama right now, but understands that coaches have opportunities. Said Lane is recruiting
Asked about Lane Kiffin being at Alabama in 2015, Nick Saban said Lane has opportunities and he's helping UA recruit right now.
Nick Saban was very non-committal about Lane Kiffin returning to Alabama in 2015.
Asked abt how he felt about Lance Thompson going to Auburn, Saban said: Lance has been with us several time & he's done same thing each time

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I think some of these boys have put on a few pounds since the Sugar Bowl :biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@ChaseGoodbread #SeniorBowl video: Alabama QB Blake Sims hits Miami WR Phillip Dorsett on a deep out. http://instagram.com/p/yIRzBcOgM4/

@
Marq_Burnett
After working at guard during Tuesday's Senior Bowl practice, Alabama's Austin Shepherd is at right tackle with the first OL group today

@ChaseGoodbread Jacksonville Jaguars all-time great Tony Boselli giving Alabama OG Arie Kouandjio some personal attention in team drills. #SeniorBowl

@ChaseGoodbread Arie Kouandjio just pancaked Clemson LB Stephone Anthony in team drills. Both knees braced up but having a good week.

@nfldraftscout Blake Sims loves to burp the baby in the pocket. Double pumps before throwing. Free safety will feast.

@AndrewSpiveyGC Jalston Fowler is more athletic than I thought. He looks smooth in drills so far today

@Marq_Burnett Blake Sims just dropped a dime over the middle to a TE in 7-on-7. Looked off the safety and put the ball on target.

@ChaseGoodbread #SeniorBowl video: Alabama QB Blake Sims hits Miami TE Clive Walford down the seam. http://instagram.com/p/yIWSNNugEQ/

@bmarcello Auburn DT Gabe Wright continuing strong presence, has blown past Alabama's Arie Kouandjio and Austin Shepherd in drills.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
@ChaseGoodbread #SeniorBowl video: Alabama QB Blake Sims hits Miami WR Phillip Dorsett on a deep out. http://instagram.com/p/yIRzBcOgM4/

@
Marq_Burnett
After working at guard during Tuesday's Senior Bowl practice, Alabama's Austin Shepherd is at right tackle with the first OL group today

@ChaseGoodbread Jacksonville Jaguars all-time great Tony Boselli giving Alabama OG Arie Kouandjio some personal attention in team drills. #SeniorBowl

@ChaseGoodbread Arie Kouandjio just pancaked Clemson LB Stephone Anthony in team drills. Both knees braced up but having a good week.

@nfldraftscout Blake Sims loves to burp the baby in the pocket. Double pumps before throwing. Free safety will feast.

@AndrewSpiveyGC Jalston Fowler is more athletic than I thought. He looks smooth in drills so far today

@Marq_Burnett Blake Sims just dropped a dime over the middle to a TE in 7-on-7. Looked off the safety and put the ball on target.

@ChaseGoodbread #SeniorBowl video: Alabama QB Blake Sims hits Miami TE Clive Walford down the seam. http://instagram.com/p/yIWSNNugEQ/

@bmarcello Auburn DT Gabe Wright continuing strong presence, has blown past Alabama's Arie Kouandjio and Austin Shepherd in drills.

That's funny. I watched a video earlier where Arie was handling Wright 1 on 1. #barnspin

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jalston Fowler: 'A general manager's dream'

Jalston Fowler couldn’t look down at the scale. He was afraid of what it would say. The former Alabama fullback stepped onto a scale Tuesday morning in front of hundreds of NFL scouts and coaches – in nothing but a pair of compression shorts. But he did so with his eyes closed.

“264,” echoed throughout the South Exhibit Hall inside the Mobile Convention Center. “264.”

Fowler breathed a sigh of relief. He said he had been eating a lot of vegetables since leaving Tuscaloosa, but with the 2015 Reese’s Senior Bowl being held in his hometown of Mobile, Ala., the former Crimson Tide fullback had been treating himself to some home cooking.

Admittedly, Fowler knew he was going to register a heavy weight at the Senior Bowl’s scouting weigh-in, but he was hoping to check in at less than 270 pounds. So much so that he kept his eyes shut during the process.

“I was just so happy to see 264,” Fowler said with a laugh, “because that’s what I told the coaches I weighed (Monday) night.”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.