Obama's proposed tax on 529 savers hits middle class

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I wonder if it was duplicitously included, so when it were inevitably removed from his budget proposal, Obama would be seen as being willing to work with Congress and compromise.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I wonder if it was duplicitously included, so when it were inevitably removed from his budget proposal, Obama would be seen as being willing to work with Congress and compromise.
He is a sneaky Kenyan Commie bastage. That particular proposal was not well received.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
It seems rather obvious that it would not be well-received. So if not politically purposeful, are you saying Obama is simply an idiot?
Far be it from me to diss the Great One. Did Congress fight back against the 529 proposal or was it simply a public backlash? The latter methinks. Rachel Maddow,aka ValuJet's favorite TV personality, had some interesting stats on the 529. I'll try to dig them up. But right now my wife has a mission for me.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanell...-tax-hike-on-middle-class-529-college-savers/

So, the President wants to make community college "free" by billing it to the "wealthy." (Strange that paying for it by cutting out a fraction of the billions of dollars in waste and unnecessary spending at the federal level is never considered.) Now, it appears that Obama wants to make it more difficult for forward-planning members of the citizenry to achieve higher education for their children. Why is government-dependence rewarded and self-reliance punished?

Builds the electorate.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Screw Obama. That man is lying. The easy way to tell is because he is a Liberal and he is talking. If anything the Obama voters are the ones who should suffer from this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.