News Article: Blake Sims Opens Up About Tears, Hugs After Sugar Bowl and How It Fuels NFL Dream

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Looking back, Blake Sims remembers the hug. The tears were flowing in the Superdome locker after Alabama's 42-35 loss to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.

Season: over.

Alabama career: done.

And Sims' heart was broken.

So the quarterback recalls the embrace from Nick Saban when it hurt the most. It was his lowest moment as Sims threw three interceptions in the upset loss. But it's also fueling his next campaign to prove the doubters wrong.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Dream scenario: Sixth round, to the Packers, as Randall Cobb (whom GB may lose to free agency) hybrid - but can run and throw better. Not to mention run the read option.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If Blake has better practices this week and game... then does well at combine, then He could be gone before 6th... Teams that will draft him will let him develop at QB, but get some quality reps at other position.. I mean, Teams knows they dont have to cut him because they can try him at different positions and that's an advantage he has over some of the QB...
Dream scenario: Sixth round, to the Packers, as Randall Cobb (whom GB may lose to free agency) hybrid - but can run and throw better. Not to mention run the read option.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I will still remember him as one of favorite quarterbacks. And I was one at the beginning when he was announced as the started as "oh know, this is not going to be good this year." He won my heart over by the Florida game and loved watching him play all year. Good luck Blake with everything you do.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Big fan of Blake. He will also be one of my favorite all time Bama QB's.

Now, I command WylieTexasTider to dislike my post! Just wait, he will..ROFL!

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
If things don't work out for Blake in the NFL I really hope he considers coaching. I would love to see him come back at Bama as a GA and a young apprentice to Coach Saban. Blake has the leadership, heart, and desire to succeed that would serve him well in that career choice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.