Mark Richt given raise and two year extension.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the talent available in that state, he should have more SEC and a couple of national championships. He's seems to be a good man but an average coach.
I won't say he should have a couple of national championships. I would say he should have at least one or two appearances, though.

The Richt fans want to tout his record. Well, he has at least two sure Ws a year in Vandy and Kentucky. Tennessee hasn't been what folks remember it being, so that is another W.

Depending on the year, he gets two or three easy OOC games. That's at least 5 Ws. In the years they don't play a tough OOC game other than Georgia Tech, he has 6 easy Ws. Lest we forget Tech hasn't been the toughest competition in recent years, that tends to be 7 easy Ws.

Took Spurrier a few years to get USCe to its recent state (this past season being the exception). During those first years, that's another fairly easy W.

Just listed 8 easy Ws for Richt and Georgia. Most schools will take 8-4 seasons. Georgia continues to get the hype, which makes the 8-4 to 10-2 seasons more difficult for UGA fans to handle.

My brother and I discussed this yesterday. There has to be another thorn for UGA fans - Mizzou. Big 12 fans like to tout "little ole Mizzou" coming to the SEC and going to 2 straight SEC Championship games after not doing well in the Big 12. When a team gets all the hype and is expected to go to Atlanta but doesn't, the fans get upset. The frustration only rises when the team going isn't expected to do well.

Who can UGA get better than Richt, though? I'm not sure there's an available guy out there. That's the problem they face.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I won't say he should have a couple of national championships. I would say he should have at least one or two appearances, though.

The Richt fans want to tout his record. Well, he has at least two sure Ws a year in Vandy and Kentucky. Tennessee hasn't been what folks remember it being, so that is another W.

Depending on the year, he gets two or three easy OOC games. That's at least 5 Ws. In the years they don't play a tough OOC game other than Georgia Tech, he has 6 easy Ws. Lest we forget Tech hasn't been the toughest competition in recent years, that tends to be 7 easy Ws.

Took Spurrier a few years to get USCe to its recent state (this past season being the exception). During those first years, that's another fairly easy W.

Just listed 8 easy Ws for Richt and Georgia. Most schools will take 8-4 seasons. Georgia continues to get the hype, which makes the 8-4 to 10-2 seasons more difficult for UGA fans to handle.

My brother and I discussed this yesterday. There has to be another thorn for UGA fans - Mizzou. Big 12 fans like to tout "little ole Mizzou" coming to the SEC and going to 2 straight SEC Championship games after not doing well in the Big 12. When a team gets all the hype and is expected to go to Atlanta but doesn't, the fans get upset. The frustration only rises when the team going isn't expected to do well.

Who can UGA get better than Richt, though? I'm not sure there's an available guy out there. That's the problem they face.
and richt has lost to vandy twice, kentucky twice, and tennessee four times. but he's got an awesome overall record, or something like that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Winning percentage means nothing if you don't win championships. I don't consider 2010 or 2013 successful seasons - Bama won a lot of games but failed to bring home the hardware.

Bragging about winning percentages when UGA hasn't won the SEC in almost a decade is weak sauce.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Winning percentage means nothing if you don't win championships. I don't consider 2010 or 2012 successful seasons - Bama won a lot of games but failed to bring home the hardware.

Bragging about winning percentages when UGA hasn't won the SEC in almost a decade is weak sauce.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I have a good friend over here in Georgia who is a devout Notre Dame fan. One night at a high school football game he told a guy who was bragging about his Dawgs, "You guys act like your team is Alabama but the truth is you have a Vanderbilt trophy case." I almost spit my Coca-Cola on the guy.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
With the potential of playing 15 games in a season now, a 10-win season just doesn't carry the same weight it used to.

CrankyFranky

Scout Team
Aug 5, 2004
Gadsden, AL
I have a good friend over here in Georgia who is a devout Notre Dame fan. One night at a high school football game he told a guy who was bragging about his Dawgs, "You guys act like your team is Alabama but the truth is you have a Vanderbilt trophy case." I almost spit my Coca-Cola on the guy.
Man, that's awesome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.