USC recruiting limited no longer

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Recruiting experts said that with a strong finish on signing day, USC's 2015 class would be among the best in college football.

"They are set up for a top-five class," said Mike Farrell, national recruiting director for rivals.com.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-football-20150121-story.html

Not a lover of USC but now maybe Oregon will have a tougher time running over the PAC 12. We will find out what kind of HC USC has hired after two or three years. No excuses about talent as he had at Washington.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Recruiting experts said that with a strong finish on signing day, USC's 2015 class would be among the best in college football.

"They are set up for a top-five class," said Mike Farrell, national recruiting director for rivals.com.

Not a lover of USC but now maybe Oregon will have a tougher time running over the PAC 12. We will find out what kind of HC USC has hired after two or three years. No excuses about talent as he had at Washington.
I posted a thread over on the football board that touched on this topic. With USCw getting their full allotment of schollies back would this start to impact Oregon's success? My personal opinion is yes, it will. USCw is the "Alabama" of the PAC-12. They are the class of that conference with the most championships, richest history and tradition. After what OSU did to Oregon in the championship I see no reason why USCw can't do the same.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I posted a thread over on the football board that touched on this topic. With USCw getting their full allotment of schollies back would this start to impact Oregon's success? My personal opinion is yes, it will. USCw is the "Alabama" of the PAC-12. They are the class of that conference and with the most championships, richest history and tradition. After what OSU did to Oregon in the championship I see no reason why USCw can't do the same.
I missed that article, probable when I had the flu :(. I agree with you. Of all the traditional powers I think when USC is really good they are the hardest to beat. UCLA is coming back, so the PAC will be interesting for a few years.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I posted a thread over on the football board that touched on this topic. With USCw getting their full allotment of schollies back would this start to impact Oregon's success? My personal opinion is yes, it will. USCw is the "Alabama" of the PAC-12. They are the class of that conference with the most championships, richest history and tradition. After what OSU did to Oregon in the championship I see no reason why USCw can't do the same.
Buzz,

everything you said is spot on. But for some reason, I don't think Sarkisian is the man to do it at USC. he doesn't strike me as the dynamic HC Pete Carrol was. Lane Kiffin couldn't get it done either. time will tell if I'm wrong. The USC job is one of the biggest gigs in all of CFB and it takes a special leader to get them to the promise land even with loaded talent on hand.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Reminds me a lot of when Bama had reduced scholarships and Aubarn would have a field day on signing day. Even with that , Auburn never could have a blow out game against the good guys.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Buzz,

everything you said is spot on. But for some reason, I don't think Sarkisian is the man to do it at USC. he doesn't strike me as the dynamic HC Pete Carrol was. Lane Kiffin couldn't get it done either. time will tell if I'm wrong. The USC job is one of the biggest gigs in all of CFB and it takes a special leader to get them to the promise land even with loaded talent on hand.
I don't think anyone really gave Kiffin much of a chance...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Scarb has an article about changing it so that if the HC leaves the recruit can leave also. While I agree with this in principle, it would go the way of all things and in twenty years a recruit would be able to transfer because the school changed conferences, didn't get to a bowl for two consecutive years, the special teams coach who recruited him left, and so on and on. So, I think I would want to just leave it as it is.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I don't think anyone really gave Kiffin much of a chance...
But he had at least 10 scholarships every year and he couldn't win a national title with that?! Is he completely incompetent?

(Full disclosure: I didn't like him at any point in his previous coaching career, but I am hoping he "gets it" after working with CNS, because after this year I can see the potential as a brilliant offensive mind)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.