Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. Hogs****

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As always, mind your manners. The same rules apply about profanity and obscenities, disguised or not, as at
other times. Some folks aren't able to handle drinking and posting at the same time. If you're one of those people, stay out of the game thread, and we'll all be happier. In addition, rival fans should think long and hard before trying to participate, unless you’re 100% friendly. This is one thread each week where the tolerance for trash and stirring is absolute zero. The game threads are the only threads where "thread drift" is not allowed. Please stick close to comments on the game only.
Save lengthy criticisms of players or coaches for the post game thread. The odds are that the rest of us aren't really that interested and are focusing on the game...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not suprised though. They're good on the board. To beat them, we have to limit Portis on his three points and limit him to under 10 points, and keep him away from the board. Arkansas is real good at passing the ball, so there should be opportunities for forced turnovers. This may be the game where our defense could do the talking. Arkansas is real good, but the last two or three games, it has been close contests. We should have a chance, but we have to do better on defense, and not make mental errors. That means no foul trouble for Taylor and Hale.

However, looking at Hogs' stats and I found something interesting. Poris, Quallis and Madden leads the team in scoring, assists, but they also lead in turnovers as well. Madden is the guy who pass the ball a lot.. If I were Alabama, i would defintely do Full court pressure, or play tight defense on Madden.. Their depth on the bench isn't impressive... I think we can steal this one.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We need to keep Taylor out of foul trouble. If he can stay in the game we should be alright..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wish I could show Taylor how to be aggresive and still not get into the foul trouble. If a player posts up against me, I wouldn't use my hand to fight him.. I want him to get the ball.. because I want to read his body, his shoulder and Get in his way so that I can force hiim to throw the ball out orturn the ball over. It seems like he is thinking little too much on defense instead of just go and play. If we can get him to just play tonight, he'll have a big night.
We need to keep Taylor out of foul trouble. If he can stay in the game we should be alright..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I wish I could show Taylor how to be aggresive and still not get into the foul trouble. If a player posts up against me, I wouldn't use my hand to fight him.. I want him to get the ball.. because I want to read his body, his shoulder and Get in his way so that I can force hiim to throw the ball out orturn the ball over. It seems like he is thinking little too much on defense instead of just go and play. If we can get him to just play tonight, he'll have a big night.
Jimmy has improved so very much but he still has a pretty good way to go before he's a fundamentally sound basketball player. Still, he's incredibly valuable to our team from a defensive perspective. Honestly I think the key to Jimmy staying out of foul trouble is for Hale and Kessens to step it up on the defensive end and help him out with the inside game defense.
He can't do it by himself.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Such an important game in so many ways. Would love for Hale to somehow have an unbelievable top shelf game, I think it's all he needs. Guess Arky will try to run us to death tonight, we need to match intensity. First minute will be telling to see if UK in still on their minds. Roll Tide

bama0610

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2006
Ehh. Looks like a continuation from the Kentucky game. Too many open shots for the pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HendersonKYTide

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2006
We are playing timid. Not going to get calls staying away from the basket. Ive never seen a team with so many players that look like they dont want to score. I really felt this game was more important than Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.