A look back at the barn's (misguided) moment of joy

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Lest we forget. From a barner in 2012:

"History will show that the flip of Rueben Foster to Auburn will go down as the single-most important event in changing the perception of the little/big brother roles in college football in the state of Alabama. Mainly because of what this manchild beast will do inside Jordan-Hare Stadium and the publicity that has surrounded the flip (press conference, tattoo, etc.). Not to mention the laundry list of fellow defensive recruits that are salivating at a chance to play with this wrecking ball on the field.

This guy's magnetism and mentality are no different that Cam's. Both are once in a generation players and we'll have had them in Orange in Blue in a span of four years. I've never seen a time in which truly informed Alabama fans, not the toothleess Wal-Mart Muldykes, have been in such anxiety and agony over the direction of the Auburn Football program. I love every second of it, and they see what's happening and can't do anything about it. When you treat your players as family members and they play for you out of respect and admiration, things like 28-27 happen. When you have players that fear their coach, see rampant gray-shirting, bogus medical departures and wonder if they will have their scholarship the following year, things like a 24-0 complete meltdown implosion against your hated rival happen.

It all starts at the top and CGC will go down as a legendary coach in college football history, not just Auburn history, Book It. I tell all of the Bammers without hesitation that CGC will win more national championships at Auburn than Satan will at UTea. If you hook me up to a polygraph while saying it, I would pass because that's how much I believe it to be true. The perception of Auburn Football in-state and on a national level is changing. September 1st is about to open the country's eyes as to what tenacious Auburn football is all about, and I can't wait to watch the look on little dabo's face.

These are great times to be an Auburn Tiger. A dynasty is in the making, and if you don't see it, you don't have a clue. War **** Chizik and War **** Eagle."

:biggrin:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
LOL. :biggrin: I had forgotten how curious those barners really are. It seems something like this pops up every year but I can't remember what the others were at the moment.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

"History will show that the flip of Rueben Foster to Auburn will go down as the single-most important event in changing the perception of the little/big brother roles in college football in the state of Alabama. Mainly because of what this manchild beast will do inside Jordan-Hare Stadium and the publicity that has surrounded the flip (press conference, tattoo, etc.). Not to mention the laundry list of fellow defensive recruits that are salivating at a chance to play with this wrecking ball on the field.

This guy's magnetism and mentality are no different that Cam's. Both are once in a generation players and we'll have had them in Orange in Blue in a span of four years. I've never seen a time in which truly informed Alabama fans, not the toothleess Wal-Mart Muldykes, have been in such anxiety and agony over the direction of the Auburn Football program. I love every second of it, and they see what's happening and can't do anything about it. When you treat your players as family members and they play for you out of respect and admiration, things like 28-27 happen. When you have players that fear their coach, see rampant gray-shirting, bogus medical departures and wonder if they will have their scholarship the following year, things like a 24-0 complete meltdown implosion against your hated rival happen.

It all starts at the top and CGC will go down as a legendary coach in college football history, not just Auburn history, Book It. I tell all of the Bammers without hesitation that CGC will win more national championships at Auburn than Satan will at UTea. If you hook me up to a polygraph while saying it, I would pass because that's how much I believe it to be true. The perception of Auburn Football in-state and on a national level is changing. September 1st is about to open the country's eyes as to what tenacious Auburn football is all about, and I can't wait to watch the look on little dabo's face.

These are great times to be an Auburn Tiger. A dynasty is in the making, and if you don't see it, you don't have a clue. War **** Chizik and War **** Eagle."

What was that poster's monicker? :biggrin:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sounds like the same non sense from a post on the football board from ITAT. Guy trying to make the case that the kick 6 was a watershed moment that began Bama's (CNS's) downfall. Wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't the same ITAT poster on both of these "predictions."

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sounds like the same non sense from a post on the football board from ITAT. Guy trying to make the case that the kick 6 was a watershed moment that began Bama's (CNS's) downfall. Wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't the same ITAT poster on both of these "predictions."
Yep, I`ve seen the same guy commenting on articles on al.com. He borders on kind of scary, actually. I definitely would not want to be in the same room with him during an Iron Bowl, especially if the barn was down, and double especially if there were firearms anywhere in the vicinity !

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Auburn fans do seem to jump at every little flicker of success and try to make it more than it is. Winning an iron bowl in dramatic fashion is great, you can get a tshirt, buy a picture for your wall. But the next iron bowl will have little to do with what happened before. In fact it always seems to make the losing team work harder the next season. Winning a recruit is fun and we all enjoy that as a winter distraction but we have no clue which players are going to be true difference makers.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Lie detector more like,Electric shock treatment.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Yep, I`ve seen the same guy commenting on articles on al.com. He borders on kind of scary, actually. I definitely would not want to be in the same room with him during an Iron Bowl, especially if the barn was down, and double especially if there were firearms anywhere in the vicinity !
Just no one give this guy a gun. He sounds like he'd be really dangerous -- to himself or others.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
ihasacrayon
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I've seen today and I've seen some good ones with that Kick 6 crap:biggrin:

All of them are over there begging at the chance to be "the one" to predict our downfall. They think a 12-2 season and losing to the champs in the Semi's are a "down year" for us, meanwhile Coach Saban is pulling in a class most would give their left you know what for.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I've seen today and I've seen some good ones with that Kick 6 crap:biggrin:

All of them are over there begging at the chance to be "the one" to predict our downfall. They think a 12-2 season and losing to the champs in the Semi's are a "down year" for us.
Well, isn't it? :cool2:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
To me this was so far from a down year it's crazy. I loved that Blake was the man in so many games, avoiding the rush and getting the ball to Coop.

This has been one of my favorite teams is years.

The only true down for me was losing to Urban. Not tOSU/Champs.

During Coach Bryants great run in the 70's we lost about 7 bowl games in a row at one time usually finishing around 10-2.

We certainly did own the barn tho.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.