AU fans are convinced Kick-6 was the beginning of the end for Saban/Alabama

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'll say it now, we at least beat them by 2 TD's next year if not 3 now that they don't have the run threat behind center. We'll see how much of that "...... is done" is in them!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
On a more serious note, though, can somebody explain the basis by which they are being picked to finish so high next season after an 8-5 year?Is Muschamp REALLY thought to be that much of a difference maker? Have they got 10 starters back on both sides of the ball? What?
It must be Gus, he is a genius, you know. I haven't paid much attention to the early polls. I know TCU and OSU are the darlings, one deserved and one not-so-much.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They also think that Cam wasn't paid, Nick Fairley was a clean player, and that they actually won the 1983 national championship.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He wasn't. We paid his dad. Best investment we ever made.

That's just how we roll.

Mean as a snake. Dirty as all get out. Made for a great D-lineman.

We got screwed, but we have no real claim to it.
Awesome and classy reply..

:)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Upon further review I have analyzed all the data produced since Kick-6. Actually it is Auburn who has seen the beginning of the end. Before Kick-6 Gus was caught picking his nose on camera 5.7 times per game. Since Kick-6 he has been caught 3.5 times per game.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Maybe, but I doubt it. I'd just point them to this years recruiting class to remind them that we will probably be ok.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I'm not wasting any of my life going to the link and reading it either.

If you feel like you just can't help yourself but to engage in the ya-ya-ing with that ever present obnoxious barner fan that you see in your local watering hole, just tell him this: The difference in Auburn and Alabama is that it's big news if Auburn is in the national title hunt, and it's bigger news if Alabama's NOT in the national title hunt. Let him think about that one.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
On a more serious note, though, can somebody explain the basis by which they are being picked to finish so high next season after an 8-5 year?Is Muschamp REALLY thought to be that much of a difference maker? Have they got 10 starters back on both sides of the ball? What?
I can tell you exactly why they are picked to finish so high. It's so that people like yourself will talk about it. There are so many media members nowadays who feel the need to create news instead of reporting the news. They need their bosses to see that people are reacting to their story, so they can justify their being, so they can ask advertisers for money.

It's like Nick Saban once said so eloquently about pre-season polls (and for that matter, polls in general) - (and i paraphrase) - "It's someone's OPINION, about what they THINK, MIGHT happen. It means nothing else. Just clutter."

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I'm not wasting any of my life going to the link and reading it either.

If you feel like you just can't help yourself but to engage in the ya-ya-ing with that ever present obnoxious barner fan that you see in your local watering hole, just tell him this: The difference in Auburn and Alabama is that it's big news if Auburn is in the national title hunt, and it's bigger news if Alabama's NOT in the national title hunt. Let him think about that one.
Good one. Props to you.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I can tell you exactly why they are picked to finish so high. It's so that people like yourself will talk about it. There are so many media members nowadays who feel the need to create news instead of reporting the news. They need their bosses to see that people are reacting to their story, so they can justify their being, so they can ask advertisers for money.

It's like Nick Saban once said so eloquently about pre-season polls (and for that matter, polls in general) - (and i paraphrase) - "It's someone's OPINION, about what they THINK, MIGHT happen. It means nothing else. Just clutter."
OOOK... Thanks. I suppose. Did my even posing the question somehow raise some sort of sociological issue? If so, I CERTAINLY didn`t intend to! My bad.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
OOOK... Thanks. I suppose. Did my even posing the question somehow raise some sort of sociological issue? If so, I CERTAINLY didn`t intend to! My bad.
I wasn't meaning to pick on you specifically, but the point is that pre-season polls don't mean a thing - why even look at them or be concerned with them. When the final "selection committee" poll comes out the day after the conference championship games, that's the only one that matters now. I can assure you that those 12-14 people on that committee don't care what anyone else thinks, or where a team was ranked before the season or even in the middle of a season. They are basing their poll strictly on what actually happened during the whole season, not on their preconceived opinions.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He wasn't. We paid his dad. Best investment we ever made.

That's just how we roll.

Mean as a snake. Dirty as all get out. Made for a great D-lineman.

We got screwed, but we have no real claim to it.
So is this GIF Jay Cutler as a fat kid? Or Jay Cutler after football and he has let himself go? :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.