AU fans are convinced Kick-6 was the beginning of the end for Saban/Alabama

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I can tell you exactly why they are picked to finish so high. It's so that people like yourself will talk about it. There are so many media members nowadays who feel the need to create news instead of reporting the news. They need their bosses to see that people are reacting to their story, so they can justify their being, so they can ask advertisers for money.

It's like Nick Saban once said so eloquently about pre-season polls (and for that matter, polls in general) - (and i paraphrase) - "It's someone's OPINION, about what they THINK, MIGHT happen. It means nothing else. Just clutter."
I always liked the pre-season polls. Even the way-to-early polls. Most of them are fairly consistent, while a few go out on a limb with a dark horse pick. I know pre-season polls get a lot of flack, but I read everyone I come across and can't wait to tee the ball up and find out who was right.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you are an Auburn fan, this is what you do, right? You hope that Alabama's run at the top is effectively over (meaning no more national championships) and want to take credit for their demise.

Can't blame them for that hope, but their focus should be on their improvement instead of Alabama's decline. That is how you get to the top and stay there.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I don't know how anybody at Auburn can make that claim considering it took a fluke play at the end for them to win. Otherwise we very well may have won. The "blueprint" didn't work in the Iron Bowl this past season. So we didn't win a NC for two years now. Under the old BCS rules we would have played Florida State and probably won it. Ohio State beat us but it was an upset. Those things can happen with more teams involved. They were just better that night. I don't think that really means we are in decline. We have been vulnerable to the pass the past few seasons but that really started to show itself when we had to play Johnny Football and Texas A&M. Not time to panic yet. We must just play better pass defense and improve the running game on offense.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
In the saban era our "down trends" are better than 95%of the rest of college footballs "up trends" so OK I agree its a down trend that's why they focus on us so much,,little brother.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
If you are an Auburn fan, this is what you do, right? You hope that Alabama's run at the top is effectively over (meaning no more national championships) and want to take credit for their demise.

Can't blame them for that hope, but their focus should be on their improvement instead of Alabama's decline. That is how you get to the top and stay there.
This is it in a nutshell. Auburn simply can't stop worrying about Alabama long enough to focus on their own program. I firmly believe it's the main reason for the inconsistency that has plagued their program. Do they even realize it's been more than 25 years- that's right- more than 25 years since they've won 10 games in consecutive seasons?

Take a look at ITAT or any of the other AU forums. At any given time there are ALWAYS at least a dozen or more active threads about Bama.

Don't want to be called "little brother"? Stop acting like it.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
All I know is when Barners are talking about us instead of the great season they had or championships they won..All is well at Bama & The Barn is still trying to achieve what we have..I'll enjoy our SEC Championship season over their 8-5 decline under Malzahn..

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
If you have to win a NC every year to not be on a downtrend, then I guess all of college football is headed down the drain.

It's nice that they hold us to such high standards though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.