Ravens Plan to Release Terrence Cody, Who is Under Investigation for Animal Cruelty

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Just in case anybody might be looking for a pit bull, the last time I was in a shelter, I'd estimate that at least a third of the dogs in there were pits. Most were young and many were absolutely beautiful dogs that, except for actual papers, you couldn't tell from registered pure-breds (if that's important to you). If you're interested, visit your local shelter.
Same here and in almost every shelter I've ever been in. Pits are being bred and thrown out at an incredible rate. And most of them are as sweet as they can be.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
European breeds are so much better than the American breeds because people here are so irresponsible with breeding animals. I don't blame him for buying in Europe and this seems to be a vet who may have profiled him for being black and assumed he had to be abusing the animal. You don't buy an $8,000 dog to use for fighting. These are bred specifically for personal protection. Very sad situation and I hope he is fully cleared of any wrong doing!!

ETA: What Catfish said is right on the money. Hit up the shelters first!! ;)

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
I'm with both of you. We have two dogs and a cat. The dogs came from rescue organizations and the cat from a shelter. We paid a total of about $400 in adoption fees (which was less than we'd have paid in spay/neutering fees) and they're all awesome!
We're on (dogs) numbers 15 and 16, all but 2 are/were rescues, over almost 40 years. Lost count of the cats, with all of the wander-ins in the barn and yard...yeah, 'awesome' is a good description...way too many stories for one post. Hope Cody comes out of this ok.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As soon as I move, I will be adopting from a rescue. We have a wonderful rescue in Birmingham for "bully" breeds, and I would love to help out an animal otherwise left for no better than dead.

As far as the Terrance Cody thing goes, I feel like the ESPN story makes it sound like he is guilty of a crime. Until I hear some sort of facts on this, I really don't like the smear campaign. I would feel that way about ANY athlete, not just one of "ours".

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
That`s an easy one. They`re not worth much as human beings. BTW, not alluding to Cody in stating this.
Eh... To me animals(pets) are like children. You're a terrible person if you abuse anything that is defenseless, people and animals alike.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My beloved Chocolate Lab, "Snickers", 18 years of age, curled up and went to dog heaven on Christmas Day.
Sweetest dog I've ever been around, and she loved me with every ounce of her being.
She loved riding in my truck.
I bought her when her mom and dad were both championship bloodlines, but I think, when I finally get over the loss of Snick, that I'll do a rescue.
I want to give a dog a life who doesn't have a chance without me.
sip

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Glad some of you are so glad to jump to conclusions....

Cody’s agent Peter Schaffer told Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports that Cody’s dog died of worms, not because of any abuse at Cody’s hands. Schaffer says that Cody paid $8,000 for a bull mastiff from Spain, took it to a veterinarian when it fell ill and is “extremely upset” about the death.

I can tell you from a personal experience, we had a chow that lived to be 15....treated her like a kid in the family....and she contacted heart worms (even though we were diligent about giving her the medication/preventative on time, all the time. They had to keep her at the vet's for several days to attempt to get rid of them, Dr. even told us there was a chance she would die during the procedure, fortunately she recovered and lived several years after that.

Things happen, but I don't have my torch and pitchfork out in this case. Sounds like the Ravens might be gun-shy after the Ray Rice incident. There may be more to the story yet, but as of now, I can't see the mob mentality over this. RTR

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
My beloved Chocolate Lab, "Snickers", 18 years of age, curled up and went to dog heaven on Christmas Day.
Sweetest dog I've ever been around, and she loved me with every ounce of her being.
She loved riding in my truck.
I bought her when her mom and dad were both championship bloodlines, but I think, when I finally get over the loss of Snick, that I'll do a rescue.
I want to give a dog a life who doesn't have a chance without me.
sip
My daughter is really wanting a dog, and you guys are inspiring me to take her to the local shelter to find a new member of our family.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Glad some of you are so glad to jump to conclusions....

Cody’s agent Peter Schaffer told Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports that Cody’s dog died of worms, not because of any abuse at Cody’s hands. Schaffer says that Cody paid $8,000 for a bull mastiff from Spain, took it to a veterinarian when it fell ill and is “extremely upset” about the death.

I can tell you from a personal experience, we had a chow that lived to be 15....treated her like a kid in the family....and she contacted heart worms (even though we were diligent about giving her the medication/preventative on time, all the time. They had to keep her at the vet's for several days to attempt to get rid of them, Dr. even told us there was a chance she would die during the procedure, fortunately she recovered and lived several years after that.

Things happen, but I don't have my torch and pitchfork out in this case. Sounds like the Ravens might be gun-shy after the Ray Rice incident. There may be more to the story yet, but as of now, I can't see the mob mentality over this. RTR
I'm not sure which thread you read, but it seemed to me that most people were reserving judgment until more details emerged in the case and were hoping that it was a Misunderstanding. Then it turned into a thread promoting the rescuing of animals from local shelters.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Animal cruelty can take many forms and beating a pet is only one form. Since the vet probably did not actually witness Cody beating his dog, it probably had to do with the dog's condition. They can also charge you for animal cruelty if the dog lived in deplorable conditions or appears to have been starved, etc. They wouldn't charge you with cruelty just because the dog had worms. He must have been emaciated or had some other condition that made it appear he was abused. Maybe he couldn't properly care for his dog because of being out of town a lot during the football season. IDK. That's no excuse BTW but a likely scenario.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I'm not sure which thread you read, but it seemed to me that most people were reserving judgment until more details emerged in the case and were hoping that it was a Misunderstanding. Then it turned into a thread promoting the rescuing of animals from local shelters.
I read the same one you did.....notice you said most and I said some....

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My daughter is really wanting a dog, and you guys are inspiring me to take her to the local shelter to find a new member of our family.
I think you'll have a good chance of getting a hardier dog. Most of the breeds have been bred for so many years for specific characteristics that they are basically unhealthy dogs from birth...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Please do. Our mix is a shelter dog and she is so loving and semi protective of our family it is unreal. Shelter dogs are amazing, usually more healthy, and usually more "appreciative" than pure breeds. Nothing wrong with pure breeds, but rescuing a dog from the pound is gratifying.

I hope Cody is exonerated and gets more playing time in the future.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Please do. Our mix is a shelter dog and she is so loving and semi protective of our family it is unreal. Shelter dogs are amazing, usually more healthy, and usually more "appreciative" than pure breeds. Nothing wrong with pure breeds, but rescuing a dog from the pound is gratifying.

I hope Cody is exonerated and gets more playing time in the future.
Since this is a dog thread now. What do you guys think of the Goldendoodles and Laboradoodles?

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Since this is a dog thread now. What do you guys think of the Goldendoodles and Laboradoodles?
I've met a few Goldendoodles and they were pretty awesome, kinda weird looking though. Extremely smart and well trained, but she was still really goofy. She was also super affectionate, pretty much like a golden.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Dogs are man's best friend. Don't believe me? Lock your friend in a trunk for an hour and see how he reacts when you let him out. Do the same to your dog. Compare reactions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.