Ravens Plan to Release Terrence Cody, Who is Under Investigation for Animal Cruelty

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There are ugly rumors out there about what this might really be all about. I hope that they are not true. Cody just seemed so full of joy as a college player. Hard to imagine him doing what is alleged.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
There are ugly rumors out there about what this might really be all about. I hope that they are not true. Cody just seemed so full of joy as a college player. Hard to imagine him doing what is alleged.
Very very ugly. Like the Ravens said, this is new era for the NFL. The leash is very short when it comes to misbehavior and second chances are going to be much more difficult to come by. They have already shown they will not let one player bring down the gravy train.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not that I've ever wanted to own one, but I was unaware it is illegal to own an alligator.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Can one be tied to a park bench...or street sign? I need to know before my next road trip.

Street signs are a no-go. I heard it was okay to use a park bench only if the bench in question weighs more than 300lbs and is bolted into a solid concrete foundation, but only for 30 minutes. After that, your alligator is subject to being impounded. Fortunately, there's a loophole where you can use the concrete supports in a parking garage, with no time limit.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I haven't seen the rumors, but I do hope the truth comes out. Cody was one of my favorites, and had so much opportunity still in front of him.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I dont think he had much opportunity left with the NFL, now even less.
I was thinking he would still have value, even as a situational player. Which would still yield a very lucrative salary compared to 90% of the rest of us. But I admit I don't follow the NFL close enough to know for sure on that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was thinking he would still have value, even as a situational player. Which would still yield a very lucrative salary compared to 90% of the rest of us. But I admit I don't follow the NFL close enough to know for sure on that.
I'm a steelers fan, and the ravens are the steelers rivals. I only remember two or three games where the ravens used him against us, but it was more or less to give Kruger and ngata a breather. There are very few players like him that succeed in the nfl. Most d lineman in the nfl are expected to be able to catch fast runningbacks and blow up o lineman. So they are more of a combination of lean and mass.The biggest exception currently is wilfork

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I couldn't believe the possession of an alligator charge. It seems ridiculous for it to come now - he's owned Gators since 2009!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Indictments released.

The concerns of a veterinarian are what led to the arrest of former Alabama All-American Terrence Cody. A Baltimore County grand jury indicted Cody on animal-cruelty charges on Monday, the same day the Baltimore Ravens released the defensive tackle.

The indictment included 15 criminal charges, but none of them are related to dog fighting. The charges included seven involving a bullmastiff named Taz that died, two of which are felonies. Six of the counts involve an alligator, and two are drug charges.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
From a Baltimore Sun article
A copy of the indictment, obtained by The Baltimore Sun, alleges that Cody "did inflict unnecessary suffering or pain of an animal," did "intentionally cruelly kill an animal," and "did intentionally torture an animal."
According to the indictment, Cody didn't provide the dog "with nutritious food in sufficiency quantity," didn't provide the dog with "proper drink," and didn't provide "proper space" and "necessary veterinary care."
Cody allegedy failed to provide the alligator with "nutritious food," "necessary veterinary care," and "proper space, proper shelter and proper drink."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...essed-at-least-10-grams-o-20150204-story.html

I had also read previously that the dog that died (he had others) had a bad case of worms when taken to the vet.
I'm making no judgement one way or the other at this time, just supplying information as I know it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.