Ravens Plan to Release Terrence Cody, Who is Under Investigation for Animal Cruelty

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Ever watch Dr Pol or any other animal/vet shows?
There are a lot of people out there that are just ignorant and unaware of animal needs.
It's amazing how many people that raise cattle or other livestock for a living call the vet out because they're starving them to death or freezing them to death and they just couldn't figure out what was wrong.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
My beloved Chocolate Lab, "Snickers", 18 years of age, curled up and went to dog heaven on Christmas Day.
Sweetest dog I've ever been around, and she loved me with every ounce of her being.
She loved riding in my truck.
I bought her when her mom and dad were both championship bloodlines, but I think, when I finally get over the loss of Snick, that I'll do a rescue.
I want to give a dog a life who doesn't have a chance without me.
sip
Thanks Sip! That is the right thing to do. Think of abused children and that is the decision any good person would make.
I contribute to a few of those organizations after checking them out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This case strikes me as bizarre. It doesn't really make sense to me, just looking at the allegations. I thought it would be dog fighting. Obviously don't care about the drug charges, but I would like to know more about the dog.
The rumors are worse than dog fighting.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
The actual indictment mentions nothing specifically about dog fighting. Brief synopsis of the charges:

Intentional torture
Intentionally cruelly kill
Inflict unnecessary suffering or pain
(x2) Failure to provide with nutritious food in sufficient quantity
(x2) Failure to provide with necessary veterinary care
(x2) Failure to provide with proper drink
(x2) Failure to provide with proper space
Illegal importation of an alligator
Failure to provide proper shelter
Possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia
Possession of a controlled substance

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I don't know enough about this case to have a judgement one way or the other but I do know times have changed from a few short decades ago. I have in my past committed what would today would probably get me the death penalty by many.

My father and mother in law back in the mid 80's had a problem of stray and dumped dogs at their place, they lived on a rural mountain here in Marshal county with one way up and one way down. There was 36 dogs from all breeds and sizes, from a Saint Bernard to labs, bulldogs, collies, mutts, and a couple litters of puppies I reckon the owners dumped once they were impregnated. Most all had the mange, flea and tick infestation, starving and my in-laws could not afford to feed or take any of them to the vet much less take, pay for them to be put down.

They asked me if I could put them out of their misery and I took my 410 shotgun and 22 rifle and did the job. None of them even ran from me, they just laid there looking pitiful as I walked up to them like they were glad for it to be over. It made me literally sick to my stomach though and there is no way i could do the same today, but if I did I would lose my freedom for life it seems.

The wife and I have a dachshund and Jack Russel that are like family to us and live in doors as we do but I suppose we could go to jail for feeding them our table scraps that the vet told us not to feed them, but they just beg and beg and look so pitiful wanting it. We always gave our dogs left over table scraps growing up and had dogs live nearly 20 years in fact our Jack Russel is going on 12. This is a totally different world without a doubt today!

But like I said don't know anything about Cody's case. :)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The wife and I have a dachshund and Jack Russel that are like family to us and live in doors as we do but I suppose we could go to jail for feeding them our table scraps that the vet told us not to feed them, but they just beg and beg and look so pitiful wanting it. We always gave our dogs left over table scraps growing up and had dogs live nearly 20 years in fact our Jack Russel is going on 12. This is a totally different world without a doubt today!
We always fed our dogs table scraps and dog food. They all lived very long lives. My mom would take in abused dogs. We had a chihuahua that lived 20+ years. We only had one dog that died young, a white lab that died of leukemia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.