Ravens Plan to Release Terrence Cody, Who is Under Investigation for Animal Cruelty

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

The Ravens intend to terminate veteran nose tackle Terrence Cody's contract after the Super Bowl, the team announced Friday morning.

Cody is under investigation for animal cruelty, and the case is being discussed with the Baltimore County State's attorney's office, said Elise Armacost, the director of communications for Baltimore County police.

Cody hasn't been charged with a crime.

According to sources, the case involves a dog.

The Ravens are aware of the investigation. They did not cite a reason when announcing that Cody would be cut.

Cody was already scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, as his one-year, $730,000 contract was set to expire.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Oh please be a misunderstanding. I always thought of Cody as a big baby. This would certainly make me have to reevaluate my opinion on him if it turns out he was fighting a dog or something. I can't imagine the Ravens letting him go for something as simple as kicking a neighbors annoying dog.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Nice to see the Ravens are taking a stance against some form of hitting that doesn't involve a woman and an elevator.

Actually, I imagine the animal cruelty investigation has nothing to do with their decision. Rather, they seem to be disappointed with his performance.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Apparently, all this began when Cody took his dog to the vet (as animal beaters do) and the dog subsequently died. So something about this animal cruelty charge doesn't add up.

That said, while I hope Cody has invested his money wisely, though spending $8000 on a dog suggests otherwise.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Apparently, all this began when Cody took his dog to the vet (as animal beaters do) and the dog subsequently died. So something about this animal cruelty charge doesn't add up.

That said, while I hope Cody has invested his money wisely, though spending $8000 on a dog suggests otherwise.
Come on, dude. Buying a dog from Spain costs money. It's not like there are any Bull Mastiff breeders in the US.

*Googles "bullmastiff breeders america", gets 496,000 results.*

You know what? Never mind.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I can't see TC hurting anything except possibly a center. I'll believe this when there's a conviction or a guilty plea.
Sometimes you cannot even believe it when their is a conviction. The press for the Ravens would be terrible though.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Come on, dude. Buying a dog from Spain costs money. It's not like there are any Bull Mastiff breeders in the US.

*Googles "bullmastiff breeders america", gets 496,000 results.*

You know what? Never mind.
I know a 21yo kid who recently spent $2000 on a female American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (AKA Pitt Bull) with strong show-champion bloodlines. He then turned around and spent another $1000+ to breed her to a male with similarly strong bloodlines. He's not fighting these dogs, but rather views it as a good investment and way to earn more money.

This kid is an otherwise even-headed guy who has done all the right things and made all the right decisions to put himself on a good life-trajectory. But I've got to shake my head about dropping that kind of money on a dog, especially when there are so many awesome dogs at shelters that need homes. But I guess he's not so much looking for a pet and companion as much as a revenue generator. Again, shaking my head.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll hold off on that, too. But, being foolish enough to pay $8,000 for a dog? GUILTY!
I would never pay that kind of money for any animal I couldn't eventually eat (and for which I could insure against sudden death). BTW, I would never eat a pet... ;)

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
...But I've got to shake my head about dropping that kind of money on a dog, especially when there are so many awesome dogs at shelters that need homes...
I'm with both of you. We have two dogs and a cat. The dogs came from rescue organizations and the cat from a shelter. We paid a total of about $400 in adoption fees (which was less than we'd have paid in spay/neutering fees) and they're all awesome!

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Not specific to just this case, but it seems to me when the police announce someone is under investigation before any charges are filed, it can almost seem like a smear job, designed to damage that person's reputation whether any charges are ever brought. Why not just have no official comment until they know enough to be certain what happened?
I guess sometimes circumstances are such that they almost have to have a comment to address whatever has happened, but still...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I know a 21yo kid who recently spent $2000 on a female American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (AKA Pitt Bull) with strong show-champion bloodlines.
Just in case anybody might be looking for a pit bull, the last time I was in a shelter, I'd estimate that at least a third of the dogs in there were pits. Most were young and many were absolutely beautiful dogs that, except for actual papers, you couldn't tell from registered pure-breds (if that's important to you). If you're interested, visit your local shelter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.