Ravens Plan to Release Terrence Cody, Who is Under Investigation for Animal Cruelty

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I've met a few Goldendoodles and they were pretty awesome, kinda weird looking though. Extremely smart and well trained, but she was still really goofy. She was also super affectionate, pretty much like a golden.
This is what we want due to the low shedding. They are kinda expensive $1800 for the ones in Springville Al. I have heard only good things about the breed. Wonder if they will eventually get recognized by AKC.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
This is what we want due to the low shedding. They are kinda expensive $1800 for the ones in Springville Al. I have heard only good things about the breed. Wonder if they will eventually get recognized by AKC.
They can have to same maladies as labs and retrievers (like hip problems). Just make sure you get a reputable breeder. They are very expensive.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
It looks like there's at least one Labradoodle rescue organization: http://doodlerescue.org/

You might try calling some of the shelters in your general area and letting them know what you're looking for. Most shelters will let people with specific needs know when they get a dog that's suitable. They want to adopt out the dogs to good homes. The last thing they want is to be over-flowing and have to put dogs down.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think you'll have a good chance of getting a hardier dog. Most of the breeds have been bred for so many years for specific characteristics that they are basically unhealthy dogs from birth...
Absolutely. Some of the uncontrolled breeding farms lead to even more exaggerated issues that are already predominate in certain breeds; I think the dogs being bred are too close in family relationship.

I've always noticed that most mixed dogs I've come accross have good health and "real character". My daughter picked up two sisters from the shelter last year that appear to be pit bull and black lab mixes and they are a hoot.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
My daughter is really wanting a dog, and you guys are inspiring me to take her to the local shelter to find a new member of our family.
Do it..... Two of our 3 dogs came from the shelter. (Our beagador came from a co worker whose beagle and lab accidentally 'hooked up') Our first shelter dog, Kepler a lab mix (who I think you've scene), is now 12 and acts as if he is 6. Our vet has said no reason he doesn't have another good 5-6 years or more in him. Our other is a 2 1/12 yr old pure blood beagle (or at least the vets says she is....) That dog is a full blown terrorist.... Wife accidentally let her get out today and I got cardio in for the week chasing her through the neighborhood. (barefoot at that...)

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Do it..... Two of our 3 dogs came from the shelter. (Our beagador came from a co worker whose beagle and lab accidentally 'hooked up') Our first shelter dog, Kepler a lab mix (who I think you've scene), is now 12 and acts as if he is 6. Our vet has said no reason he doesn't have another good 5-6 years or more in him. Our other is a 2 1/12 yr old pure blood beagle (or at least the vets says she is....) That dog is a full blown terrorist.... Wife accidentally let her get out today and I got cardio in for the week chasing her through the neighborhood. (barefoot at that...)

Does your beagle normally wear shoes?:wink:

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I got my eskimo spitz and my Labrador from a rescue. Both are the sweetest dogs even after having been abused by their previous owners.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Seriously... where am I?
Cody is out of the league for animal cruelty and drugs, Richardson is about to follow him out of the league, and Rolando McClain is going to be a huge priority for the Cowboys to sign.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.