Jalston Fowler Honored at his former High school

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Read rest of the story here:

From the day he walked in the building, he's the most unselfish guy I've ever been around," Burns said, sharing a story from Fowler's freshman year in 2010. "We had some guys ahead of Jalston that got all the publicity and most of the playing time. When these guys were hurt at practice, Jalston would take just about every rep. Then come game time, sometimes he didn't even get in the game. ... He never complained. He worked as hard as anybody on the team.
"After the game, I went up to him and I said ... 'I really apologize. I wish you could have gotten in the game.' Every week ... he would say the same thing, and I know he wasn't just putting on. He would say, 'Coach, whatever I have to do for the team. We won the game.'"

Last edited:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Nudie is one of my all time favorite Tide players. What a fine young man!
i'm a huge keith byars fan because he filled any kind of role the coaching staff asked of him (rb, fb, te) with class and productivity, and i think jalston was sort of that kind of player for us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.