Blake's Looking Good In The Senior Bowl

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He came in to start the second quarter, drove the team to a first and goal, threw what would have been a TD pass in college, to Sammie Coates, but Sammie only got one foot down.
Then, of course, the field goal kicker hit the upright and missed the field goal.
He's starting his second drive now but he's getting very good reviews.
It's weird though....his center is Dismukes, his receiver's Coates, and the RB is from Auburn.
sip

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Arie K. has been very impressive. On that first drive, he totally dominated.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
It's been nice hearing our band in the background. Almost sounded like one of our games.

We've wondered if the NFLN broadcast crew had a few drinks because by the end of the game, they sounded rather strange.

I think Blake did a decent job helping himself today.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's been nice hearing our band in the background. Almost sounded like one of our games.

We've wondered if the NFLN broadcast crew had a few drinks because by the end of the game, they sounded rather strange.

I think Blake did a decent job helping himself today.
He showed a pretty good pocket presence and threw the ball as good as any QB there...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He came in to start the second quarter, drove the team to a first and goal, threw what would have been a TD pass in college, to Sammie Coates, but Sammie only got one foot down.
Then, of course, the field goal kicker hit the upright and missed the field goal.
He's starting his second drive now but he's getting very good reviews.
It's weird though....his center is Dismukes, his receiver's Coates, and the RB is from Auburn.
sip
After the missed FG wonder what went through his head. Probably something like, "Dear Lord! I just want to play with a capable FG kicker!" [emoji2] just kidding of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He honestly looks like Russell Wilson's younger brother. I have no idea what will happen with the draft and such, but Blake can play football.
I agree with you. The NFL focuses so much on measurables and potential that they take chances on head cases if they have the ideal height and weight and shuttle run time, and they pass on guys who can just flat out play. I hope Blake gets his chance and can at least hang around the league as a backup and make a nice little nest egg for the rest of his life.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I agree with you. The NFL focuses so much on measurables and potential that they take chances on head cases if they have the ideal height and weight and shuttle run time, and they pass on guys who can just flat out play. I hope Blake gets his chance and can at least hang around the league as a backup and make a nice little nest egg for the rest of his life.
when you watch the Brady 6 thing or whatever it was called on ESPN that becomes glaringly obvious.

giovanni caramazzi? spurgeon winn?

give me a break.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Didn't go to or watch the game, but from what I read (and this might include practices) scouts were not impressed with his accuracy. When his passes missed they weren't even close, according to what I read. ​Obviously not counting the pass to SC.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Didn't go to or watch the game, but from what I read (and this might include practices) scouts were not impressed with his accuracy. When his passes missed they weren't even close, according to what I read. ​Obviously not counting the pass to SC.
Unless he really impresses at the combine (assuming he's invited) I doubt he gets drafted. I think he can pick up a FA contract and some team will give him a shot on the cheap.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Thats one of the bad things about Senior Bowl is that you only have one week to click with WRs... Amari Cooper said on the twitter that if he was invited to Senior Bowl, he wouldn't accept it because of lack of chemistry between QB and WRS...
Unless he really impresses at the combine (assuming he's invited) I doubt he gets drafted. I think he can pick up a FA contract and some team will give him a shot on the cheap.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.