Tosh Lupoi elevated to Outside LBs coach

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Served in an off the field role this past season. A master recruiter...was named the Recruiter of the Year within the past 2-3 years out in the Pac-12. Guess it'll be officially announced some time soon.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Served in an off the field role this past season. A master recruiter...was named the Recruiter of the Year within the past 2-3 years out in the Pac-12. Guess it'll be officially announced some time soon.
Many media outlets reporting it could become official as early as tomorrow. Wondering now who will fill in the final spot on the defensive staff with Kirby moving to inside linebackers?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Many media outlets reporting it could become official as early as tomorrow. Wondering now who will fill in the final spot on the defensive staff with Kirby moving to inside linebackers?
I touched on it in another thread. Deshea Townsend is in the mix. There's mutual interest, but he has other opportunities also. Lance (Thompson) in casual conversation mentioned Mel Tucker. He was just fired as DC of the Chicago Bears after two of their worst defensive seasons statistically in their franchise's history. But he coached for Coach Saban at Mich. St. so there's familiarity if that's the route coach decides to go.

Also, UAB's RB coach (if they still had a football team) will most likely take Siskey's spot. And Josh Niblett (Hoover High School) interviewed this week. He's turned down off the field jobs at Bama & AU. He wants to be on the field. Fingers crossed that the NCAA approves that extra coach. If so, there's a good chance he comes aboard. I can't over-emphasize the importance of having guys who have been high school coaches, especially recently, to make in-roads in recruiting.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What position would Niblett coach?

If Kirby Smart is moving to inside lbs away from dbs who is the new db coach (other than CNS)?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I touched on it in another thread. Deshea Townsend is in the mix. There's mutual interest, but he has other opportunities also. Lance (Thompson) in casual conversation mentioned Mel Tucker. He was just fired as DC of the Chicago Bears after two of their worst defensive seasons statistically in their franchise's history. But he coached for Coach Saban at Mich. St. so there's familiarity if that's the route coach decides to go.

Also, UAB's RB coach (if they still had a football team) will most likely take Siskey's spot. And Josh Niblett (Hoover High School) interviewed this week. He's turned down off the field jobs at Bama & AU. He wants to be on the field. Fingers crossed that the NCAA approves that extra coach. If so, there's a good chance he comes aboard. I can't over-emphasize the importance of having guys who have been high school coaches, especially recently, to make in-roads in recruiting.
I go to church with the Niblett's. As good of a coach he is, he is twice as good as a person.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well I did see that about Townsend...don't know Mel Tucker..but was really wondering about the on field position Niblett might coach. Sorry for the confusion.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Will be veeery interesting to see the progress of Evans, Miller, Anderson, etc. They need to make large strides this season.

On a related note, Ragland, etc should benefit from direct teaching from K Smart.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.