****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. AU****

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My fiancé was very glad when the clock hit zero. I guess I was a little too bad during the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We won, but I'm still hot under the collar. Going out the shop to look for something to take my frustrations out on.
I know. I need to break out my referee doll which can be torn limb from limb and put back together for the next game...

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I guess holding AU to 55 points ain't bad but they sure scored a ton of points right around the basket early in the 2nd half. I wonder if a zone defense would have been better since AU seemed to be quicker and smaller. I don't like the rebounds the zone gives up though because defenders lose track of who to block out. Again, can't really complain about 55 points; AU shot 39% total from the field and 27% for 3's so not bad defense overall. I think I answered my own question.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Not too torn up about it. Barbee would have lost that game by double digits. Still sucks that we went cold from the floor again in the last 8 minutes.
I think the biggest factor was Bama forcing Bowers out away from the basket (or maybe he got tired). Early in the 2nd half he was getting the ball right underneath the basket and using his body and shoulders to clear a shot.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I think the biggest factor was Bama forcing Bowers out away from the basket (or maybe he got tired). Early in the 2nd half he was getting the ball right underneath the basket and using his body and shoulders to clear a shot.
Very likely correct. I can only hope Pearl's recruiting gets some more scorers. We have a bit of a talent gap against just about every SEC team.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.