Do we have a new DB coach yet? (looks like Mel Tucker is the one)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
That's one of the reason I think we would benefit from EJ moving to safety... that is of course assuming tony brown is as advertised...
I'm sure if the coaches think he's got the skillset he'll get a look, but he doesn't exactly fit the prototype either. He's not quite as tall as a typical FS (Baron, HAHA, Woodall, Lester were all 6'1" or taller), and also not really as big physically to support the run (all mentioned are 210 +). EJ is 6'0" and 188.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I'm sure if the coaches think he's got the skillset he'll get a look, but he doesn't exactly fit the prototype either. He's not quite as tall as a typical FS (Baron, HAHA, Woodall, Lester were all 6'1" or taller), and also not really as big physically to support the run (all mentioned are 210 +). EJ is 6'0" and 188.
makes sense. im not familiar with their size. I have a hard enough time remembering all their names haha

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think EJ could add 10-12 lbs and be effective. Rashad Johnson played under 200 lbs at safety and was very effective and Jabriel Washington has played at safety this year under 200 lbs. Of course you would prefer a 210-220 lb guy but it can be done at under 200 lbs.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
it was far and away Cyrus Jones this year. 2013 was rough for him, but he brought his lunchpail to work every game in 2014 and was never consistently challenged like some of the other guys
He is good in coverage but to short to deal with the 6'3 plus WR and hard to out jump them which is why I put Landon higher. He had a decent year but it shows how weak the other side was. Perry was not much more than average and not the best athlete which is my point. We were very average back there this year. Now that Eddie will have a while off season he will be physically improved and could play FS but it's not an easy move with a lot more to compute pre play and during and his fresh year he lost PT because of not understanding the game plan every week. We have some redshirt guys that can hopefully help.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
i have to wonder if this is his real twitter, because they have continued to post LSwho crap. If you are going to set up a twitter account, at least check it once daily.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Possible he didn't have a twitter account. Been many instances where people setup Facebook and twitter accounts for someone else. Lot of time you will see Real (who ever) as the twitter name.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I think EJ could add 10-12 lbs and be effective. Rashad Johnson played under 200 lbs at safety and was very effective and Jabriel Washington has played at safety this year under 200 lbs. Of course you would prefer a 210-220 lb guy but it can be done at under 200 lbs.
Good point on Rashad, but Washington only played the money (dome) S this year with little to no role in run support. For a starting S for us a guy has to be able to support the run very well and it's tough for a smaller guy.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
He is good in coverage but to short to deal with the 6'3 plus WR and hard to out jump them which is why I put Landon higher. He had a decent year but it shows how weak the other side was. Perry was not much more than average and not the best athlete which is my point. We were very average back there this year. Now that Eddie will have a while off season he will be physically improved and could play FS but it's not an easy move with a lot more to compute pre play and during and his fresh year he lost PT because of not understanding the game plan every week. We have some redshirt guys that can hopefully help.
Collins is an excellent S in run support, and is good in coverage, but not great in coverage. He faired ok against TE and RBs. If he was asked to cover M2M against a WR or do what our corners have to do, he'd not do well at all. That's why he's a S instead of a CB. Even being short, Cyrus was the best cover guy, and it's not even close.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
i think it's a fake. It's missing the blue check mark, which means it hasn't been verified.
I thought to be verified a person must have a certain number of followers. This account has 2,091, which isn't enough. That's apparently not the case, though. From Twitter:

What kinds of accounts get verified?

Twitter verifies accounts on an ongoing basis to make it easier for users to find who they're looking for. We concentrate on highly sought users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas. We are constantly updating our requirements for verification. Note, verification does not factor in follower count or Tweet count.

We do not accept requests for verification from the general public. If you fall under one of the above categories and your Twitter account meets our qualifications for verification, we may reach out to you in the future.
Billy Napier, Burton Burns, Mario Cristobal, Alabama Baseball, and Christopher England all follow the account along with plenty of media members, recruits, and current players.

Either, he was hacked or the account is run by someone that does numerous coaches' accounts and messed up.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.