Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Does prince have an in house visit by CNS today?
Hope you're right, but Prince flying to Columbus immediately after committing to UA neither sounds or feels right to me. If, ten days before NSD, that's what the word "commitment" means to him, it's hard to be optimistic about him.
On the other hand, as someone else suggested, if he shows up in College Park this weekend, it doesn't look quite as bad. Maybe he's just into sightseeing.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Another update on a free page of TiderInsider:

Nothing major to report. Not much has significantly changed, but...

--As we've stressed, spots in the class are limited. But, as we've also stated several times, a few spots are expected to open.

--CB Montrell Custis of Hampton-Lovejoy, GA is expected to end up Kentucky ...or possibly Florida or Auburn. I'm told that Ole Miss didn't make a push on him during his official visit there last weekend.

--DB Rico McGraw of Nashville-Ensworth, as has been noted numerous times, is thought to be leaning to flipping back to Georgia, where he visits this weekend. Tide coaches are tentatively scheduled to visit with McGraw later this week.

--As TI reported yesterday, Coach Saban is scheduled to meet with WR K.J. Hill and his family on Wednesday evening. Hill is expected to pick Alabama or Ohio State, though Arkansas has not been eliminated. Hill's stepfather told TI that Hill might make his decision this week. Ohio State made a big move on Hill during his official visit last weekend. We still feel good about Alabama's chances at this point.

--Buffalo-Canisius, NY head coach Rich Robbins tells TI that Coach Saban and assistant Bobby Williams met TE Tyrone Wheatley on Monday. The visit went well, as expected. The general feeling has been been that Wheatley would follow in his father's footsteps to Michigan (Tyrone Wheatley, Sr/the former Michigan star now on the UM staff). But TI has been reporting for several weeks that our sources were indicating Wheatley, Jr was not likely to end up in Ann Arbor. The hiring of Jim Harbaugh certainly improved Michigan's position, but as of late last week it still appeared that Wheatley would end up elsewhere. Alabama, Oregon USC and UCLA have been the top four. One source has told TI that Alabama is in the top two. Coach Robbins tells TI that Wheatley will visit either Oregon or Michigan this weekend before making a decision. We're told that Alabama will have a spot if Wheatley chooses to join the Tide's class.

--Spoke to a close source in Maryland this morning. Nobody really knows how the Isaiah Prince situation will play out. The 6-6, 280-pounder, who committed to Alabama last Friday, made an official visit to Ohio State over the weekend. Maryland is also in the picture. Obviously Prince is highly coveted by OL coach Mario Cristobal. Sources say that after speaking with Ludowici, GA OT Chidi Valentine-Okeke on Monday, Cristobal flew out to Maryland, where he and Saban will meet with Prince and his family this evening. We'll let this one play out without speculating right now.

--Several sources, including some close to Texas A&M, feel that star cornerback Kendall Sheffield of Missouri City, Texas remains solid in his commitment to Alabama. The Aggies had hoped that the addition of new DC John Chavis would help sway Sheffield to College Station. Those hopes seem to be fading rapidly.

--Reports that linebacker/defensive end CeCe Jefferson of Glen St Mary-Baker, FL spent some time in Tuscaloosa over the weekend created excitement among Tide fans. The Alabama staff, including ace recruiter Tosh Lupoi, are scheduled to meet with Jefferson later this week (Thursday). Sources still believe Alabama is running third or fourth behind Ole Miss, Florida and possibly Auburn.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Thanks RTR.... Im guessing the staff must feel less confidence in McGraw now vs last week
He is going to be in Athens this weeknd as we all know, that is a huge concern.I hope we hold on to him but I have a bad feeling he flips.Maybe we can get a Wheatley or a Jefferson in his place to soften the blow so to say.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
He is going to be in Athens this weeknd as we all know, that is a huge concern.I hope we hold on to him but I have a bad feeling he flips.Maybe we can get a Wheatley or a Jefferson in his place to soften the blow so to say.
More likely To get Hill.

Prince is a big concern. CNS is supposed to have an in home tonight.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think Richmond not visiting now means in-home with Prince went well
At the risk of stating the obvious, if that`s not correct, we may well whiff on adding another OT. IMHO though, if anybody can "firm things up" with an in home visit with an OLman better than a CNS and CMC combo, I`d like to know who it might be.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Adjusting my prediction... I think we're down to 4... Wheatley Jr, Charlot, (Okeke or Jefferson), Hill

Hill and Wheatley has spot with us... so I think they will sign with us.. but if we do miss out on Wheatley or jefferson, I expect Richmond and Teja to be late spot... But this is my guess, my assumpation, I don't know nothing :)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Adjusting my prediction... I think we're down to 4... Wheatley Jr, Charlot, (Okeke or Jefferson), Hill

Hill and Wheatley has spot with us... so I think they will sign with us.. but if we do miss out on Wheatley or jefferson, I expect Richmond and Teja to be late spot... But this is my guess, my assumpation, I don't know nothing :)
So you think Prince is not coming? Not really sure what you`re going on (anything more than a gut hunch?) on Richmond, either.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Well the last few signing days have been boring with respect to surprises. This year is shaping up differently with a strong class already and some unknowns. Do you think we will know the puzzle pieces before NSD or not?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I think Richmond not visiting now means in-home with Prince went well
And I was wrong....the meeting with Prince did not secure him and he is visiting Maryland this weekend. tOSU feels confident, too.

Richmond is just feeling UT more right now and will likely stay the entire weekend at UT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.