Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
sounds like we are telling our commits either shut it down or you are not guaranteed a spot...

I'm thinking Prince is gone....not betting on Richmond....

I think Okeke is ours if we push.... in-home with Hill tonight, could pull trigger

Charlot is in, IMO..... Keep forgetting about Tega but we have in home tomorrow

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
sounds like we are telling our commits either shut it down or you are not guaranteed a spot...

I think Okeke is ours if we push.... in-home with Hill tonight, could pull trigger

Sorry guys, don`t know who Tega is (?).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Smart move considering what Prince did.... I agree with this assessments... Tega probably will get a offer on signing day...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'd love to see us get Tega. Even with the injury, he would redshirt anyway and have plenty of time to be ready for prime time, SEC football.
Agreed. The guy has so much raw ability and would be a dream for a coach to develop.

I hope we do not lose out on I. Prince. We really need another OT in this class.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Dont think Hollard, Cowart and Jefferson will play together as indicated. I think it was a talk... I read the article on DrewDAIntel's site, and it seems that there's a feeling that Alabama is in top two, and I didn't know He was really into Alabama.. because I thought he was just killing times... I never thought him to be a long shot to sign with Alabama.. Just always looked at him as a wildcat that could land with us under right circumstances.. This is real interesting news... I think we can close the deal tomorrow night.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Prince: I think everyone at UA has a very uneasy feeling about him, and for good reason. Regardless of where he ends up, clearly he hasn't handled it the correct way. No one really knows where he goes from here, but my gut tells me he doesn't end up in Tuscaloosa.

Re: Jefferson: He's telling people a lot of things, and only God knows what is fact and what is fiction (because it can't all be true). You can add him to the list of people who have not handled their recruitment the correct way. My sense is that he doesn't sign with Alabama, but crazier things have happened.

Re: Charlot: LSU fans are bad-mouthing him again, so consider that a good harbinger for Alabama.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The funny thing about recruiting is we will have about 25 or so studs that wanted to Roll with the Tide and we seem to be so concerned over the couple that turned us down. Whatever floats their boat. I will take the guys that want to be in Tuscaloosa any day.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
The funny thing about recruiting is we will have about 25 or so studs that wanted to Roll with the Tide and we seem to be so concerned over the couple that turned us down. Whatever floats their boat. I will take the guys that want to be in Tuscaloosa any day.
What a mature approach to take, Con. I HATE IT!!!!!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Some of these recruits have figured out that they can use the term "commit" to a school. That means the school holds them a place while they continue to look around.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Some of these recruits have figured out that they can use the term "commit" to a school. That means the school holds them a place while they continue to look around.
There is a lot of truth to this. But on the other hand, it's also true that we've recruited a much higher quality of defensive back since Mr. Custis committed to us way back when. His path to playing time has grown far more difficult, even in his own recruiting class. Did he start looking around or did we leave a back door unlocked for him to leave?

It still works both ways: The kid wants the best deal. The school wants the best team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The programs like Alabama have called their commits and know which ones are solid. I doubt that any kid who is not solid has a place reserved for him unless he is a super star - and the coaches will have a plan B for those, just in case. This late in the game, head coaches are also making final decisions.

I think it was Saban who said, "You shop, we shop", or something to that effect.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I think Bama ends up with 2 WRs....that is about it. But I could be wrong....and have been many times before....a bunch of 17-19 year old kids out there making even harder decisons than which college to attend for free, so if these 17-19 year old football players choose Bama, good, if not Good Luck either way.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You can see how the setup is coming for Prince to announce for OSU on national signing day over alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.