Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Meh...losing the 20th rated CB is not a disappointment IMO. We are stocked with CBs that are much better in this class and the 2014 class, as well. I'm wanting CeCe and a couple of breakout WRs in this class and that may be happening.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Alabama Intel TIFWIW has a very interesting write up about McGraw pretty much saying the flip was not only expected but encouraged. As UA has not really been contacting him or pursuing him since Steele left. I hate we might not get Prince but maybe we can steal Jefferson or Wheatley. I think we get Charlot and Hill for sure. If we do not sign one of the surprise guys I wonder if we would sign a Juco at offensive tackle just for the need at the position.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
McGraw was/is a priority. But at the same time, if a kid needs to feel slobbered over..then maybe....just maybe...you know...it's better that they go elsewhere.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just read the alabama intel... I understand we can't take everything into account given their history.. but I wonder if it was recuits issue with steele... Like Kevin Steele might be high on McGraw and Custis while rest of staff weren't... Think about it.. Why didn't CKS check in on McGraw in the last two weeks? Once you commited, you shouldn't expect staff to "whoo" you all the way to NSD... I wonder if that's the issue... I have so many questions... just confused about McGraw and Custis... and Prince.. how he've handled it the last two weeks.. something tells me that someone got bad advice from coaches and others.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Regarding McGraw, I would have liked to have seen him in this class, but as I alluded to both in the OP and in countless posts in recent weeks, he has been flaky throughout his entire recruitment.

Good news with the Valentine-Okeke and McGraw is that now the remaining targets have a better sense of where they stand with NSD approaching.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I just read the alabama intel... I understand we can't take everything into account given their history.. but I wonder if it was recuits issue with steele... Like Kevin Steele might be high on McGraw and Custis while rest of staff weren't... Think about it.. Why didn't CKS check in on McGraw in the last two weeks? Once you commited, you shouldn't expect staff to "whoo" you all the way to NSD... I wonder if that's the issue... I have so many questions... just confused about McGraw and Custis... and Prince.. .
I don't really want to even acknowledge this, frankly, just because simply addressing them gives them some small semblance of recognition and status that they do not deserve on the merits, but I'll just say that's all wrong and leave it at that.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Prince accepts the scholarship and then gets PO'd about not being at the top of our board. Did somebody get in his ear, Mack, anyone, or did the kid just have a slow fuse?

Always tough to say. And maybe Womack will turn out to be more Andre Smith than DJ Fluker (blasphemy. I know)...

But I like the kid from Iowa from this year's class a lot. A whole lot.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Mack, do we have a definitive 'no thanks' from IP?
It certainly seems that way. I mentioned it in a previous post, but he wanted to commit during his official visit but was told to hold off. In no uncertain terms, we made clear to him
that he was plan B (we thought we had a shot at Drew Richmond) . So there were some understandable hurt feelings...so then Urban comes calling...and now hometown Maryland shows interest...so yeah...we may still land him but I wouldn't bet any amount of money on it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.