Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Richmond visiting today until Saturday, then going to Knoxville
Kid is playing the game. UT has no shot....we probably don't either. You gotta try but it feels like wasted resources. He's all Ole Miss from what I can tell. They're selling him (among other things) Tunsil's path

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Kid is playing the game. UT has no shot....we probably don't either. You gotta try but it feels like wasted resources. He's all Ole Miss from what I can tell. They're selling him (among other things) Tunsil's path
you may be right, but the family has said they are beyond exhausted of this process....so I take some sliver of hope that they are travelling this much in such a short period of time to decide.....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Obvious question on Isiah Prince is whether he would even sign with Alabama, and the answer to that may very well be no.

For Alabama, though, the bigger issue is simply one of trust. UA extended a firm offer to him on the basis of him being a firm commit and cancelling all future visits. He accepts the offer and tells the UA staff that he is cancelling all other visits... and then he shows up in Columbus 48 hours later. For 'Bama, can the staff even keep a spot open for him, knowing that if he goes elsewhere it will cost someone else on the board?

It's possible Saban and company might do that -- OT is a need, of course -- but my gut instinct tells me that 'Bama probably just passes on this one now and considers the ship as having sailed. I would assume it's Richmond or bust at this point, with the odds being in favor of bust.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Obvious question on Isiah Prince is whether he would even sign with Alabama, and the answer to that may very well be no.

For Alabama, though, the bigger issue is simply one of trust. UA extended a firm offer to him on the basis of him being a firm commit and cancelling all future visits. He accepts the offer and tells the UA staff that he is cancelling all other visits... and then he shows up in Columbus 48 hours later. For 'Bama, can the staff even keep a spot open for him, knowing that if he goes elsewhere it will cost someone else on the board?

It's possible Saban and company might do that -- OT is a need, of course -- but my gut instinct tells me that 'Bama probably just passes on this one now and considers the ship as having sailed. I would assume it's Richmond or bust at this point, with the odds being in favor of bust.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
We have had a LOT of trouble signing tackles over the past few years, especially LT. Aside from Cam last year and Kujo a few years ago, we've lost some very good tackles to other programs.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
We have had a LOT of trouble signing tackles over the past few years, especially LT. Aside from Cam last year and Kujo a few years ago, we've lost some very good tackles to other programs.
Good point. The year Tunsill came out, Kouandjio was there (I think). And now, Cam is in stone there for 2 more years at least. And I'd assume that any alpha male LT. Would want, at worst, to be starting by year 2

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Good point. The year Tunsill came out, Kouandjio was there (I think). And now, Cam is in stone there for 2 more years at least. And I'd assume that any alpha male LT. Would want, at worst, to be starting by year 2

----
Along these lines ... How confident are we about Willie Allen being in next year's class?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I just want to say how much I appreciate Bo Scarborough. He committed so early then stuck with us the whole time. Even when he didn't qualify, he worked hard and finally made it home.

I also appreciate all of you guys keeping me up to speed on all of this stuff. It is like a soap opera everyday.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We`ll still have a great class, but it may be less than accurate to say that we filled our needs if recent developments come to pass. Agree? Disagree?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.