Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Yes, I believe he does, we signed him as a 3 star last year
They missed on the rating on him. I wonder if they didn't give him higher because he was "just a punter" or because maybe he kicked in the thin air of Colorado. Unless he never kicked in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
I talked to an Ole Sis booster last night. He said CeCe was going to Oxford with 100% certainty. He just laughed at us sending Kirby and Lane to visit. He said CeCe was already "taken care of".

My guess is that we already know the fix is in for CeCe however we have nothing to lose by making the visit. Much like continuing to go after Richmond, we keep pushing until the clock runs out.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
"Taken care of"? He actually said that? I am a also a poster on another Bama Board and I have discussed Ole Miss and their recruiting the last several years and i get quite a bit of pushback when i suggest that they going to extreme measures to sign kids under Freeze. something is amiss in Mississippi.
QUOTE=Lost in TN;2582004]I talked to an Ole Sis booster last night. He said CeCe was going to Oxford with 100% certainty. He just laughed at us sending Kirby and Lane to visit. He said CeCe was already "taken care of".

My guess is that we already know the fix is in for CeCe however we have nothing to lose by making the visit. Much like continuing to go after Richmond, we keep pushing until the clock runs out.[/QUOTE]

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
ptw1961;2582005[B said:
]"Taken care of"? [/B]He actually said that? I am a also a poster on another Bama Board and I have discussed Ole Miss and their recruiting the last several years and i get quite a bit of pushback when i suggest that they going to extreme measures to sign kids under Freeze. something is amiss in Mississippi.
QUOTE=Lost in TN;2582004]I talked to an Ole Sis booster last night. He said CeCe was going to Oxford with 100% certainty. He just laughed at us sending Kirby and Lane to visit. He said CeCe was already "taken care of".

My guess is that we already know the fix is in for CeCe however we have nothing to lose by making the visit. Much like continuing to go after Richmond, we keep pushing until the clock runs out.
"Taken care of"

Exact quote.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Our coaches are obviously practicing what they preach about finishing. They are pushing it until NSD with these kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I think it has as much to do with the way the Egg Bowl was starting to favor their in-state rival. Lots of pressure to not let MSU become the dominant team in that state.

I think Dan Mullins has done a good job with what he has to work with.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Personally, I think the hay`s in the barn (no pun intended) for this class. It`s a great one. Just hope for no unpleasant surprises on Wednesday.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I am not surprised. But amazed at a booster being that brazen and forthcoming. Are their boosters that arrogant or just stupid ?
Let me take you back to the days of Billy "Dog" Brewer at Ole Miss. I have a relative that is an Ole Miss grad and booster. One evening around Christmas time, he received a phone call from Ole Miss player that lived in the area. The kid said, "Yeah, I'm running a little short while I'm home for holidays and "so and so with the Booster Club" told me to call you and you would "take care" of me.

My relative told him that he was going to "forget he ever received this phone and, young man, I suggest that you do as well". He said the next he saw the booster that had provided his name to the player, he told him in not so polite terms to keep his name out of whatever crap they and/or Brewer were involved in.

Yes, some are that arrogant AND stupid.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We have 3 spots left -- right? Or do we have 5 now? It's not like we won't use them.....We'll sign 3-5 more -- we may be ruining some other teams Signing Day....but, we won't just go without....

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We have 3 spots left -- right? Or do we have 5 now? It's not like we won't use them.....We'll sign 3-5 more -- we may be ruining some other teams Signing Day....but, we won't just go without....
Thank you CC for saying that. I was wondering if we would just call it a day or not. It seems to me if we can't get exactly the player we want, we would take a player who might need more development and take a risk. A lot of 3 stars would love to come to Bama!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Thank you CC for saying that. I was wondering if we would just call it a day or not. It seems to me if we can't get exactly the player we want, we would take a player who might need more development and take a risk. A lot of 3 stars would love to come to Bama!
That's not been our practice in the past. We have a list. We tend to stick to those names. When we miss, we miss. We usually don't expand the list just to fill scholarships.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.