Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I understand where you are coming from here. I acknowledge how good Meyer is- very,very good in all facets of his job. I also think he is one of the most disingenuous people I have ever seen. Just my opinion- one that is shared by many people .
Same thing, and worse, is said about Nick. Constantly.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Sorry to revisit a sore subject but is there any word on whether the large young man from Memphis is visiting the Capstone today?

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Well, maybe I am being too kind to CUM, but I understand his desire to best Coach Saban. I think Coach Saban has the same desire to best him. Both are the best active coaches in the business. I don't think there is any question of that.
Read Coach Saban's book. The only competition he has is complacency. Urban is nothing to him because he doesn't need Urban to work to do his best.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Same thing, and worse, is said about Nick. Constantly.
I look at it like this; would I buy a used car from him? Look at UM's eyes - he's a snake, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit on him. NS, well, I might be afraid to talk to him at first, but his eyes don't indicate deception. He might browbeat me into buying the car, but I don't think he'd lie about it. I think UM would try to make you believe you could run the car on dirty bathwater. JMO

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Carvell of the AJC has been tweeting about a long time Bama DE commit learning some "surprising news" form the staff yesterday and "It's going to be really interesting following one of #Bama longtime DE commits over the next week." The only person I can figure would be Christian Bell. There was talk a few weeks ago that he might take a greyshirt offer.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Carvell of the AJC has been tweeting about a long time Bama DE commit learning some "surprising news" form the staff yesterday and "It's going to be really interesting following one of #Bama longtime DE commits over the next week." The only person I can figure would be Christian Bell. There was talk a few weeks ago that he might take a greyshirt offer.
True or not, he's just slinging it out there. Nothing gets hits in Georgia like something that makes Alabama look bad. I hope we haven't loaded their cannon.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Yeah, Carvell is slinging mud like usual...doesn't really know what he is talking about and trying to gain info...smh The recruit in question has known for a while that he might have to greyshirt and he told the staff that he is 100% on board.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, Carvell is slinging mud like usual...doesn't really know what he is talking about and trying to gain info...smh The recruit in question has known for a while that he might have to greyshirt and he told the staff that he is 100% on board.
At the rate they players are decommitting from Bama and choosing other schools....Bell may not have to Greyshirt...LOL

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Also, expect Prince Tega to get a Bama offer next week. The staff will try to see if they can get him on campus for a visit...also at this moment do not expect a Cager flip as of right now. Cager wanted to commit to Bama at the Army game but was told that there wasn't room. When he took his OV to Bama on Jan 16, he was still told there was no room and the staff would see if a spot became available. After receiving the news, he told the staff that if he had received an offer on his OV that he would have strongly considered a flip, but now he doesn't want to flip this late in the game. I have been told however that this one is not over and to wait and see how things play out now that Cager knows the offer is there. Also, a spot coming available for Cager has nothing to do with KJ Hill...it had more to do with the staff not expecting to get an OT anymore. Alabama is still very much in play with Hill despite the Ohio State rumors.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
At the rate they players are decommitting from Bama and choosing other schools....Bell may not have to Greyshirt...LOL
Lol Yes...the way things are shaping up it looks that way, but I think Coach Saban will pull more than a few rabbits out of the hat by NSD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.