Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Really tough to tell. My personal belief is that we are done if/when Charlot comes aboard but we've seen surprises before (Kenny Bell, Rashan Evans, etc)
Anything new on Richmond's ... evolving ... itinerary or did Freeze post troopers at the Tennessee-Mississippi line?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It feels like the insanely "hot" girl who acts like she likes you one day, and the next day she's hanging on the jock, then the hipster, then the preppy guy......

You keep thinking she'll be the one -- and yet, the kinda-hot girl is hanging on your every word, just waiting for a chance.....and you're so focused on the "insane" one -- you miss the girl of your life.....

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
It feels like the insanely "hot" girl who acts like she likes you one day, and the next day she's hanging on the jock, then the hipster, then the preppy guy......

You keep thinking she'll be the one -- and yet, the kinda-hot girl is hanging on your every word, just waiting for a chance.....and you're so focused on the "insane" one -- you miss the girl of your life.....
Luckily for me, I was the hipster, preppy jock. And I wound up with the girl.

Owwwww

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Love this.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So weird.... Things that went down in the last few weeks... One would wonder if Saban is ....ed or simply understand it's just business...I wonder if Saban will make some changes going forward with recuiting in the future? Think STeele and THompson situation screwed some of things up?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
So weird.... Things that went down in the last few weeks... One would wonder if Saban is ....ed or simply understand it's just business...I wonder if Saban will make some changes going forward with recuiting in the future? Think STeele and THompson situation screwed some of things up?
It is almost inevitable that these two leaving during the height of recruiting had some non-positive effect. Especially when [1] they were as involved as they were for us [2] they went to SEC teams, and [3] they went to division opponents.

That said, we will still get lots of talented players to sign - though perhaps not as closely aligned with wants as we though pre-exit of KS and LT. None better than our head guy at this aspect of the game.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Really tough to tell. My personal belief is that we are done if/when Charlot comes aboard but we've seen surprises before (Kenny Bell, Rashan Evans, etc)
Whether Charlot comes aboard or not, it`s looking like we may finish with available slots going unfilled(?). If that were to be accurate, has that ever happened before since CNS`s arrival?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Whether Charlot comes aboard or not, it`s looking like we may finish with available slots going unfilled(?). If that were to be accurate, has that ever happened before since CNS`s arrival?
Wonder if any "unfilled" slots are for walk-ons the staff feel more comfortable with than some of the,uh, less-stable players in high school. Our roster has more than a few OL and TE that are probably not on scholly.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wonder if any "unfilled" slots are for walk-ons the staff feel more comfortable with than some of the,uh, less-stable players in high school. Our roster has more than a few OL and TE that are probably not on scholly.
I think walk-ons are walk-ons for a reason n most cases and a scholly would be offered only if one opens up. I believe Saban put 2-3 on scholly for the spring semester but when fall rolls around they will be off scholly when the new class reports.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I know it is way, way late in the game but I just get the feeling we will get a nice surprise or two on signing day. Nothing inside just a hunch...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
FWIW, Tider Insider speculates that linebacker CeCe Jefferson, wide receiver Terry Godwin and tight end Tyrone Wheatley, Jr. are at the top of our board right now. Nice list!

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I feel like cee cee is going to ole miss, gut instinct. But I also feel like he's going to be a good one wherever he winds up and I personal wanna see the fax girl put his name up on the board

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I feel like cee cee is going to ole miss, gut instinct. But I also feel like he's going to be a good one wherever he winds up and I personal wanna see the fax girl put his name up on the board
Wherever he goes, I agree it won't be Bama, IMO. Surprises do happen (Evans), but I don't see it, and I think Bama doesn't fill all its spots. Like WM, can't argue with CNS' success, but some judgement calls were made incorrectly and the worst case scenario (which will probably still be the best recruiting class) looks very possible, even probable I would say.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I agree . Coach Saban has a surprise or two in his pocket !
It`ll apparently have to be a big surprise. Great class, mind you, but kind of a "thud" perhaps here in the end when one considers where it appears we might be. Maybe it`s happened before since Coach Saban`s arrival, but I don`t recall us not being able to fill all our slots.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.