Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
What is the common denominator with both Prince and Hill? Urban Meyer and Ohio St. Meyer will go out of his way to stick it to Saban and Bama every chance he gets. i really believe that. Yes- he beat Bama in the playoff this year-but i really believe he is obsessed with continuing to prove he is better than Nick. Those beatings he took from the Tide have never really left Urban's soul. Losing Trent Richardson to Bama galled him almost as much. Not the last of these type of stories.Q
Well, maybe I am being too kind to CUM, but I understand his desire to best Coach Saban. I think Coach Saban has the same desire to best him. Both are the best active coaches in the business. I don't think there is any question of that.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I agree with what you said. I just sometimes have a difficult time hiding my disdain for the guy named after a Pope.
Well, maybe I am being too kind to CUM, but I understand his desire to best Coach Saban. I think Coach Saban has the same desire to best him. Both are the best active coaches in the business. I don't think there is any question of that.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I agree with what you said. I just sometimes have a difficult time hiding my disdain for the guy named after a Pope.
Just my opinion .... but when we demonize Urban Meyer we sound a helluva lot like the mindless and envious Auburn and Georgia and LSU and you-name-it types that do the same to our coach.

Meyer is very, very good, and his team is coming off a resounding national championship. The reports of his demise appear to have been a tad premature.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
On Meyer, it's worth nothing that his failings at Florida were never as a recruiter, but as an evaluator, and he seems to have learned well from his past mistakes based on what he has done in Columbus so far.

Speaking of Ohio State, there were reports from several OSU people last night saying that K.J. Hill had committed to Ohio State, but for the time being that does not look to be the case. Maybe he ends up there -- and they do figure to be our main competition at this point -- but those reports look to be premature.

As for Alabama, some of you guys really need to step back from the edge. I will never understand the fragility of the psyche of our fan base.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Kid needs to go do what he and his family want him to do. Not what the Ole Miss coaches demand. Something about Freeze and Ole Miss and some of their tactics that just does not pass the smell test. And please do not tell me it is just recruiting. I do not buy it.
Hint Hint

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Lawrence Cager has been informed by the staff that he has a scholarship available now if he wants to flip....and Alabama sent the whole army to go Cece Jefferson yesterday. Coach Saban sent Coach Kirby Smart, Coach Kiffin, Coach Tosh Lupoi, and Coach Bo Davis....if this doesn't show that Bama consider themselves in this...Idk what will.... Rumors are also out that Daylon Charlot is a silent commit as of this moment in this class, now things could change between now and NSD, but expect him back in this class....just wanted to past this info along

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
Just my opinion .... but when we demonize Urban Meyer we sound a helluva lot like the mindless and envious Auburn and Georgia and LSU and you-name-it types that do the same to our coach.

Meyer is very, very good, and his team is coming off a resounding national championship. The reports of his demise appear to have been a tad premature.
I think you are spot-on. No reason our side can't be confident, and still show some class.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Should fans take that to mean Hill is indeed OSU bound? Seems like it.
They could also take it as Cager taking the spot that would have gone to an OT....I think the staff would take Hill, Charlot, and Cager....Charlot and Hill are different receiver types than Cager is..but Cager now has a spot in this class if he wants it.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Is it safe to say that everyone left on the board, with the possible exception of Charlot, would be considered a "long shot" at best and most, if not all, would have to be a flip from open or silent commits to other schools?

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I understand where you are coming from here. I acknowledge how good Meyer is- very,very good in all facets of his job. I also think he is one of the most disingenuous people I have ever seen. Just my opinion- one that is shared by many people .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.