Where Things Stand -- January 26, 2015

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I know Jeff Grimes from LSU was in Atlanta Wednesday, because he sat in the row in front of me on a Thursday flight to Dallas. Maybe he had been visiting Okeke.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
After a custis decommit, we will have 3 spots:

Prince in-home will tell us if he is in or not. (1)

I think it is Richmond or Okeke for a spot. (2)

Wildcard- Hill, Jefferson, etc. (3)

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
After a custis decommit, we will have 3 spots:

Prince in-home will tell us if he is in or not. (1)

I think it is Richmond or Okeke for a spot. (2)

Wildcard- Hill, Jefferson, etc. (3)
Is that with/without Charlot? Many are counting him back as a silent commitment.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Is that with/without Charlot? Many are counting him back as a silent commitment.
Edited with new info:

Basically we are down to:

1) an OL spot
2) another WR
3) wildcard

We expect Charlot in, McGraw to stay, and Custis to flip.

Full court press on all OL- Prince, Richmond, and Okeke.

In home with Prince today, Richmond coming Saturday, and Okeke may actually have a shot at qualifying. We would take Prince back today and make room for Richmond if he wants in.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know it's super long shot, but given Cece Jefferson stopping by several times over the weekend... What if he decided he wants to come here... Where does this leave us with those guys? What about KJ Hill?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I know it's super long shot, but given Cece Jefferson stopping by several times over the weekend... What if he decided he wants to come here... Where does this leave us with those guys? What about KJ Hill?
I think we are in a holding pattern with Hill, but we really want him. I think we will know more after the in-home with Prince tonight. I know Jefferson is not a WR, but he may actually be holding up Hill because we could not turn down Jefferson....or Richmond for that matter, too.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
As of right now....I've heard Bama will have two defects from this class. They will be Custis, who has been looking around hard, and McGraw. I know everyone has been talking about how his mother loves Bama, but I've heard his relationship with Pruitt will win over. He will also take a visit to UGA this weekend, which does not bode well for his chances for remaining in this class. As of right now the staff feels confident that Daylon Charlot will be a member of this class once again. I have heard that Alabama could take 2 of the 3 OL. As RTO, mentioned before, Prince will have an in-home visit with Coach Cristobal and Coach Saban tonight. I've heard that he took a visit to Ohio State after telling the coaching staff he would cancel because he gave the Ohio State staff his word that he would visit and didn't want to go back on that. I think we should know by tonight if Prince's commitment is solidified. It's looking as if Okeke will qualify and the staff would take him....and he is also favoring Bama. I expect Richmond to stick with Ole Miss from everything out there, but if he does show up in T-town between now and NSD, anything is possible with our staff. Cece Jefferson is a wild card, he has kept everyone guessing throughout his whole recruitment. Newly promoted LBs coach Tosh Lupoi has been assigned Cece so we will see if he could work some of his magic and get Jefferson in T-town. Also the feeling is the KJ Hill will roll with the Tide, come NSD.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As of right now....I've heard Bama will have two defects from this class. They will be Custis, who has been looking around hard, and McGraw. I know everyone has been talking about how his mother loves Bama, but I've heard his relationship with Pruitt will win over. He will also take a visit to UGA this weekend, which does not bode well for his chances for remaining in this class. As of right now the staff feels confident that Daylon Charlot will be a member of this class once again. I have heard that Alabama could take 2 of the 3 OL. As RTO, mentioned before, Prince will have an in-home visit with Coach Cristobal and Coach Saban tonight. I've heard that he took a visit to Ohio State after telling the coaching staff he would cancel because he gave the Ohio State staff his word that he would visit and didn't want to go back on that. I think we should know by tonight if Prince's commitment is solidified. It's looking as if Okeke will qualify and the staff would take him....and he is also favoring Bama. I expect Richmond to stick with Ole Miss from everything out there, but if he does show up in T-town between now and NSD, anything is possible with our staff. Cece Jefferson is a wild card, he has kept everyone guessing throughout his whole recruitment. Newly promoted LBs coach Tosh Lupoi has been assigned Cece so we will see if he could work some of his magic and get Jefferson in T-town. Also the feeling is the KJ Hill will roll with the Tide, come NSD.
Thanks for the update. It seems we are not going to have enough spots even with the two defects. If we have room for 5 spots my wish list would be Prince, Richmond, Charlot, Jefferson and Godwin. What have you heard about Godwin? I heard his visit was great.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for the update. It seems we are not going to have enough spots even with the two defects. If we have room for 5 spots my wish list would be Prince, Richmond, Charlot, Jefferson and Godwin. What have you heard about Godwin? I heard his visit was great.
Yes, he did have a great visit, but expect him to stick with UGA. I wouldn't put it past our staff but it would be the biggest shock of NSD if he flipped to Bama. Also, as crazy as this sounds, keep a eye on Tyrone Wheatley, Jr. He is one the recruits who has a green light from the staff to commit whenever he wants, he would be a take if he wanted to come. I know I've mentioned him before and I've gotten the "He's a Michigan legacy, with Harbaugh there no way....". However word out from Michigan sources is despite his dad now being on Harbaugh's staff, chances are slim he will be a Wolverine and his top 2 is Bama and USC.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
...as crazy as this sounds, keep a eye on Tyrone Wheatley, Jr. He is one the recruits who has a green light from the staff to commit whenever he wants, he would be a take if he wanted to come. I know I've mentioned him before and I've gotten the "He's a Michigan legacy, with Harbaugh there no way....". However word out from Michigan sources is despite his dad now being on Harbaugh's staff, chances are slim he will be a Wolverine and his top 2 is Bama and USC.
Barring the sudden surfacing of a hot TE prospect named Howard Cross, Jr., come on, Tyrone, roll with the Tide! Lovin' them NFL legacies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think Rico won't flip to Georgia... and Prince stays...

Six Candidates for 1-3 spots: Wheatley Jr, Charlot, Okeke, Richmond, Jefferson and Hill. Interesting problem to have one, but a good one.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
I don't think Rico won't flip to Georgia... and Prince stays...

Six Candidates for 1-3 spots: Wheatley Jr, Charlot, Okeke, Richmond, Jefferson and Hill. Interesting problem to have one, but a good one.
Hope you're right, but Prince flying to Columbus immediately after committing to UA neither sounds or feels right to me. If, ten days before NSD, that's what the word "commitment" means to him, it's hard to be optimistic about him.
On the other hand, as someone else suggested, if he shows up in College Park this weekend, it doesn't look quite as bad. Maybe he's just into sightseeing.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.