My predicament...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Glad the surgery went well. Went by my Dad's house Friday and he was on the ground. Snapped his ankle like Drake. Turned completely sideways. Called 911. Surgery Saturday and now more recovery and rehab. Stay safe and do your exercises :).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Awesome! Go easy there Earle...we got your back on the forum! ;)
Thanks. Got home after being forced to go for one more PT session.My surgeon had stepped in it by telling them to skip the walker and train me on crutches. (Ironic, after spending six intervals on them in my life.) I'm just using one crutch now and will soon move to a cane. There was amazingly little pain with the procedure. I don't hurt when standing or sitting or sleeping , but the first few steps are really stiff and painful...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My doctor has told me the cartilage in my left knee is gone and I need to have replacement knee surgery. The right knee isn't far behind that, but the surgery on it is less imperative, probably because of the arthroscopic surgery I had on it in 1983.
Before I do that though, and mainly because I'm no fan of surgery, I'm also looking at other options such as the one below:

https://willowmd.com/curve.php
I'd be interested in hearing what others who may be familiar with this device think or have to say about it.

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Thanks. Got home after being forced to go for one more PT session.My surgeon had stepped in it by telling them to skip the walker and train me on crutches. (Ironic, after spending six intervals on them in my life.) I'm just using one crutch now and will soon move to a cane. There was amazingly little pain with the procedure. I don't hurt when standing or sitting or sleeping , but the first few steps are really stiff and painful...
God speed in healing up!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My doctor has told me the cartilage in my left knee is gone and I need to have replacement knee surgery. The right knee isn't far behind that, but the surgery on it is less imperative, probably because of the arthroscopic surgery I had on it in 1983.
Before I do that though, and mainly because I'm no fan of surgery, I'm also looking at other options such as the one below:

https://willowmd.com/curve.php
I'd be interested in hearing what others who may be familiar with this device think or have to say about it.
I'm in somewhat of a same situation, in that my right knee also needs replacement. However, it's not hurting now, so I'm not even thinking about it. Of course the hip was bone on bone and had been for years and I had no pain there, either. I'm a little leery of this device. It's basically an IR device. Most of the scientific analyses I've read on it don't think it's likely to be any better than a good heating pad. Of course it's easy to find glowing reviews on their site and on Amazon, but that's easy to rig...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm in somewhat of a same situation, in that my right knee also needs replacement. However, it's not hurting now, so I'm not even thinking about it. Of course the hip was bone on bone and had been for years and I had no pain there, either. I'm a little leery of this device. It's basically an IR device. Most of the scientific analyses I've read on it don't think it's likely to be any better than a good heating pad. Of course it's easy to find glowing reviews on their site and on Amazon, but that's easy to rig...
Pretty much any time I hear or read "FDA cleared", I tune out the rest because that company wants you to think the device/pill is FDA tested and approved when nothing could be further from the truth.

And at $599, you could buy like 20 heating pads when just one would do just as well or better. If you want to get what you pay for, buy wisely.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Pretty much any time I hear or read "FDA cleared", I tune out the rest because that company wants you to think the device/pill is FDA tested and approved when nothing could be further from the truth.

And at $599, you could buy like 20 heating pads when just one would do just as well or better. If you want to get what you pay for, buy wisely.
Which is why I posed the query about it. I like to do my homework before I spend my money. In this case, it's saved me $600.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Which is why I posed the query about it. I like to do my homework before I spend my money. In this case, it's saved me $600.
IR has its uses. It's excellent for skin conditions like Psoriasis, for example. However, for it to penetrate far enough to help with arthritis, it would have to burn the surface...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Well, off the cane and able to shop Publix without an aid, pretty unusual for day ten. I skipped the walker phase, but I thought this was pretty funny. I'm sure I would have done it, had I had a walker...

http://www.gocomics.com/drabble
I just clicked on it and got Sunday's comic. Mr. Drabble would be fun in our basketball game threads.

Congrats on your surgery going well. Looks like your well on your way to recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.