News Article: SIAP - Erica Kinsman Goes Public (Jameis Winston's Alleged Victim)

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I personally know rape victims. It is a very hard thing to discuss. They only discuss it with people they trust. I also know a few who where accused of rape and it turn out to be a lie. In Bill's case it has been so long most do not care. The sad reality is that unless you personally know a rape victim, it is hard to understand. How many movies have we watched that have rape in them and yet we still watch them. I turned 'Taken' off after a few minutes. Most watched and thought it a great movie. Our nation is desensitized by crimes of all types. Rape is one of them.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Yes, people know, but a coverup was orchestrated to keep the public from knowing. What we do know, is that Winston had sex with her. We know she was left bruised. We know that she didn't know his name, didn't know who he was, and didn't seem happy to have had sex with him (she reported it shortly thereafter), and it would seem was held down.

That's a lot in the way of facts to go off of...

Edit: Let's examine a scenario in which it wasn't rape. She voluntarily left the bar with a complete stranger, never bother to ask his name or anything about him. She then had consensual sex with the stranger. Then, after this happened, perhaps because he was too rough with her (but consensually of course), she decided to accuse him of rape. But, she had to have decided that after she left, because if this was fixed in her mind at the time, she would have at least asked his name or phone number. So, shortly after they parted ways, she would have decided to report it as rape, and gone in and reported it soon enough for the bruises to show up during the interview.

What human being capable of logical thought really thinks that is what happened? Who decides to falsely accuse someone of rape when they can't even identify the individual? What incentive would she have had to go to the police and do that? And then, additionally take the step of later identifying him once she knew who he was? If she was making a false accusation because of some need for attention, why would she ever have identified Winston? There's only one logical conclusion to reach based on the facts and timeline of what happened.
Exactly....walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....gotta be a duck...that simple.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
If the NCAA can punish PSU for that cover up then action needs to be taken on FSU.
To many people charged with enforcing the law have to close ties to FSU. At the very best case you could make the authorities did not handle this properly.

i don't know whether he did or didn't do it, my guess would be he did, but anyone who could do something about is assumed he didn't from the very start & that's just wrong.

i Love college football but it should never get this strong.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
If the NCAA can punish PSU for that cover up then action needs to be taken on FSU.
To many people charged with enforcing the law have to close ties to FSU. At the very best case you could make the authorities did not handle this properly.

i don't know whether he did or didn't do it, my guess would be he did, but anyone who could do something about is assumed he didn't from the very start & that's just wrong.

I don't think the people who could do something about it assumed he didn't do it. I think they just realized that covering it up was in the best interests of fsu and/or themselves and didn't give a rip whether he did it or not. None of these people had any concern for the truth, Erica Kinsman or their own integrity.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The NCAA isn't touching this. They sure won't use the precedent of the Penn State case to do so because they took major criticism for that decision.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Exactly....walks like a duck
Well, he does doesn't he?

They won't, what they did to Penn State ultimately proved inadequate, and they backed down on that. I can't make light of what FSU did, because in a lot of ways they did the same thing, but it was on a much smaller scale (from what we know) and with less vulnerable victims. If things were handled properly, PSU would have had the death penalty for at least a few years and FSU would have faced punishment like Penn State actually got. But, even with the NCAA, rape just isn't that big a deal apparently, after all a lot of people care oh so much about the football players, and the town (I've seen both those used on this forum in defense of lighter PSU penalties), but the victims? Not so much...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.