News Article: SIAP - Erica Kinsman Goes Public (Jameis Winston's Alleged Victim)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There are few things that bothered me about the Bill Cosby's situation... Lot of red flags on both side.... so I'll hold back from commenting on this.. since this is about Winston, not Cosby...

Why did some of these women keep quiet for 45 years??!! That is just crazy to me. I understand, at the time, he probably bribed and threatened them, but waiting 45 years? Sad.

He reactions to the allegations remind me of how Jameis Winston reacted. They are both sick individuals--think that what they did was perfectly fine and not rape. Disgusting.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
There are few things that bothered me about the Bill Cosby's situation... Lot of red flags on both side.... so I'll hold back from commenting on this.. since this is about Winston, not Cosby...
Well, then maybe we need to move this discussion to NS! :) I really want to analyze this whole Cosby situation. I bet there is already a thread in NS...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Most men are good and would never do something like this to another human being. Those who are evil enough to do this tend to be the type that you would probably encourage your daughter to date. If your daughter is raped, she will probably never tell you - you will probably never find out. You know women who have been raped. They have kept it quiet for a reason.
I fear there is a widespread depravity when it comes to rape, and I can't understand it at all, but it is far more pervasive than one might assume. For instance, I was watching a documentary and a woman was detailing how at the age of 13, her grandfather was having people buy him drinks in return for being allowed access to her. My first reaction was what bar on earth would one be able to do this without the police immediately being called?

There clearly are pockets of people, significant numbers, that if not actively participating and condoning rape, are more then willing to look the other way or cover it up. We've seen it at Penn State, at Florida State, and by extension we've seen it in how people treated Michael Jackson or Roman Polanski. There's clearly something disturbing just below the surface that allow millions of people to be tolerant of rape. Unfortunately, there is good reason that people don't come forward, because they know how this tends to play out. There's often an infrastructure in place to protect these rapists and it's utterly vile, disgusting, and incomprehensible. But, even when it comes to football and rape, there's so many people that seem to think the football program, or the town is more important the the victims and they don't seem to see what's so wrong about that.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think a lot of things has always happened & has always been bad, we just have the internet now, that gets the word out to everyone that has a laptop & internet..Universities have always bought n paid for certain players(to keep it kinda football related..LOL), rapes, and what turns my stomach the most is child molestation, has been the dirty part of our society nobody likes to talk about or wants to admit has always happened & it has always happened..It was probably even worse before the internet & folks could get away with stuff more easily back then & not worried their picture will be plastered all over the interweb when they get caught now..
I fear there is a widespread depravity when it comes to rape, and I can't understand it at all, but it is far more pervasive than one might assume. For instance, I was watching a documentary and a woman was detailing how at the age of 13, her grandfather was having people buy him drinks in return for being allowed access to her. My first reaction was what bar on earth would one be able to do this without the police immediately being called?

There clearly are pockets of people, significant numbers, that if not actively participating and condoning rape, are more then willing to look the other way or cover it up. We've seen it at Penn State, at Florida State, and by extension we've seen it in how people treated Michael Jackson or Roman Polanski. There's clearly something disturbing just below the surface that allow millions of people to be tolerant of rape. Unfortunately, there is good reason that people don't come forward, because they know how this tends to play out. There's often an infrastructure in place to protect these rapists and it's utterly vile, disgusting, and incomprehensible. But, even when it comes to football and rape, there's so many people that seem to think the football program, or the town is more important the the victims and they don't seem to see what's so wrong about that.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I don't know those people. I have never seen anybody admit to that. I haven't seen any posts here in support of rapists.

I know these people exist, but I pray they are the vast minority.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I don't necessarily think their are "millions" of people who tolerate rape. Rather, I think it is easier for people to convince themselves that no rape occurred for various reasons; it's just "he said-she said", we don't know the full story, she was giving mixed signals, she wants money, etc. For many, it is much easier to convince yourself that nothing happened than to believe someone you know and/or like would commit such a crime, and confront them.

Much like the well documented bystander effect. "this is staged", "it's a joke", "it's a personal argument between those people", "they won't really get hurt", "if it was serious someone would do something about it".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know those people. I have never seen anybody admit to that. I haven't seen any posts here in support of rapists.

I know these people exist, but I pray they are the vast minority.
I know many people who have assumed that a girl who claimed that she was raped was either responsible in some way or just flat lying. Many people.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It's ridiculous how much the deck is stacked against victims of sexual assault.

Cracked had an interesting article from a victim a week or so ago. Can't link it because of profanity, but I'd recommend giving it a read.
It's even more difficult when the accused is a high profile college footballer with big money backing. Everything I have read about this incident and utterances attributed to said QB, I tend to believe the rape victim. I mean, the victim is victimized again many times over by the press, college PTB, students and alumni/donors. In addition to the aforementioned, she had the Tallahassee police and DA against her who colluded with the defense attorney to get the alleged "witnesses'" story straight before being formally interviewed by the cops. No justice here folks

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Yeah. I will be printing off many copies of this, and my shotgun will be very clean in the next few years. :)

Please give me permission to copy this to give to my son so that he can effectively care for my granddaughters.

P.S. I never thought that I would think like a Barner, but I'm in TOTAL agreement with this application and its enforcement.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I know many people who have assumed that a girl who claimed that she was raped was either responsible in some way or just flat lying. Many people.
Yes ... but that's apples and oranges.

But, even when it comes to football and rape, there's so many people that seem to think the football program, or the town is more important the the victims and they don't seem to see what's so wrong about that.
I'm guilty of being suspicious of a girl leading a guy on. I've never been guilty of thinking the football program if more important than a victim of rape. Two entirely different things.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We had this happen here last year. The girl eventually told the truth. It is rare, but does happen.
I am a firm believer in guilty until proven innocent when it comes to rape allegations. Backwards, I know, but I have too many women close to me who have been raped. And there is a lot of pressure on those women to just accept some blame for it (they call it "responsibility", but they mean blame) and let it go. Women often recant when it becomes more clear to them exactly hat they will face if they follow through with charges. The shame of a "lie" is a lot easier to deal with than the shame of having been raped.

Sure, some women falsely accuse men of rape, but if I had to bet on the real percentage of those occurrences, I would put it so low as to be statistically irrelevant.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm guilty of being suspicious of a girl leading a guy on.
I don't care how far things have gone - if the girl says stop, you stop. If you do not, you are committing rape. So there is no such thing as a girl "leading a guy on" when it comes to rape.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I am a firm believer in guilty until proven innocent when it comes to rape allegations. Backwards, I know, but I have too many women close to me who have been raped. And there is a lot of pressure on those women to just accept some blame for it (they call it "responsibility", but they mean blame) and let it go. Women often recant when it becomes more clear to them exactly hat they will face if they follow through with charges. The shame of a "lie" is a lot easier to deal with than the shame of having been raped.

Sure, some women falsely accuse men of rape, but if I had to bet on the real percentage of those occurrences, I would put it so low as to be statistically irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant if you're the one sitting in prison for 20 years on a false charge.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don't care how far things have gone - if the girl says stop, you stop. If you do not, you are committing rape. So there is no such thing as a girl "leading a guy on" when it comes to rape.
I don't know anyone who disagrees with stop means stop. "Leading a guy on" may have been a poor choice of words but what I meant is sometimes the girl may change her mind after the act and regret what she's done or she may be trying to take advantage of the guy.

I still don't get where this is related to the football team being more important than the victim.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Just to bring things back into perspective, let's not forget some details in this case that make the girl's story very credible.

A: She did promptly report the rape, so promptly in fact that the bruises appeared during her interview. That right there gives her a ton of credibility, if you show up saying you've been abused, and the abuse is so fresh it appears during the interview, your story has a lot of credibility.

B: She didn't even know who Winston was. She didn't identify him until she had a class with him and then she knew his name. So, she wasn't just going after someone famous. But, furthermore, Winston's DNA proves he had sex with her. So you can't say well she just made the entire affair up, nor can you say she just had sex/framed him because he's famous, because she didn't know who he was.

The most rosy depiction of Winston based on facts that go beyond allegations, would be that he's a scumbag who likes to rough up girls. That's the best that could be said, but there's a lot of evidence (very carefully undermined by FSU and the police department) that indicates this was rape. This goes well beyond some girl just making an accusation, her story has the weight of physical evidence and a credible story behind it (not to mention a deliberate coverup by FSU).

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't know anyone who disagrees with stop means stop. "Leading a guy on" may have been a poor choice of words but what I meant is sometimes the girl may change her mind after the act and regret what she's done or she may be trying to take advantage of the guy.

I still don't get where this is related to the football team being more important than the victim.
Aside from this specific case I get what you're saying and yes it happens. Kids (college kids in this case) get into situations where they make decisions they soon regret. I know it is very unpopular to say but a lot of girls at that age do things with their bodies they eventually regret. Some regret it immediately some it takes longer. Some react with internal regret others react with lashing out at the other party they made the bad decision with. Some even going as for as accusations of rape. Please note I'm not saying this is what happened in the Winston case. I'm talking in general.

Being a former college athlete I saw first hand girls throw themselves at players (and I went to a community college so I can only imagine what its like at D1 level). Whether it be football, baseball or basketball players. I can tell of stories where girls willfully gave themselves to some dude on the basketball team or baseball team that they didn't even know. One case in particular I remember one of my teammates bringing this girl up to the dorm, which was against the rules. He "snuk" her up there, had sex with her and then took her back to her car. Over the next week she realized that all he did was use her. She became FURIOUS!!! Going as far as to confront him in front of several of us saying "All you did was use me for sex." Now, she didn't file rape charges or even accuse him of rape. But the opportunity and emotions were definitely there for her to take that road if she so decided. Granted he was in the wrong for doing that girl that way. But on the other side of the coin. How stupid do you have to be to go home with a dude you just met at a club, have sex with him and think he's entirely to blame because all he wanted was to have sex and nothing more?

There's a thing called "putting yourself in a bad situation" that I was taught my entire life. Think before you do this or that. Don't go in some parts of town, don't go to such and such place alone. Know your surroundings. My sisters were given the same advice and luckily they followed it and avoided a lot of the hoopla that I think many girls (college girls especially) experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.