Which Dog Do I Adopt?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
First dog my wife and I ever had was a registered akc Chihuahua..(she loves Chihuahuas).

His offical akc name...."Bama's Bear"...we called him "B.B"

Good for you on the "Cooper" name...heck "Amari" isn't a bad dog name either..:)

sip
Our Cooper loves playing catch. It's like fetch, but he doesn't always wait for the ball or toy the hit the ground or floor. He lives up to the name pretty well, IOW. Haha! And on Halloween I couldn't resist the "Wide Retriever" dog jersey. His adopted sister got the "Line Barker" jersey, too.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think it all depends on a person's (or family's) lifestyle. What might fit one family might not even be a possibility for another. Yes, there are many, many instances where a family pet becomes a trusted and valued member of the family. However there are also way too many cases of individuals or families having dogs or cats end up being either ignored and left to starve or in some cases physically abused. Hence the need for rescue shelters and kind folks to take the animals in.
Excuse me. Let me re-word this for you. I think everyone that can give a dog a good home, feed them, and not abuse them and not ignore them, should have a dog. I am the last person that wants to see a dog abused in any way so, I take offense that you took my statement as a blanket statement that dog abusers etc should own dogs. Really????

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Excuse me. Let me re-word this for you. I think everyone that can give a dog a good home, feed them, and not abuse them and not ignore them, should have a dog. I am the last person that wants to see a dog abused in any way so, I take offense that you took my statement as a blanket statement that dog abusers etc should own dogs. Really????
I didn't take offense at your statement. I just disagreed with it. And it's not just abusers, etc., that shouldn't own dogs. There are lots of people, such as myself, who really don't have the time or are otherwise too occupied with other things to own dogs. I include myself in that category because I have neither the the time nor desire to train, feed and otherwise care for a dog. My present priorities in life just aren't compatible with it.
I'm glad you and your dog are happy together, just as I am happy for Sip and all the other dog owners out there. I think it's great that people find good animals (cats or dogs) that they can share their home and family with.
I mean no offense to you or anyone else. I'm just saying that dogs aren't for everyone, so not everyone should own a dog.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Congrats, Sip, on the new addition to your family. I know she'll make you as happy as you have made her.
Thanks so much. I tried to take a selfie of me and her, but she can't sit still long enough and my wife wasn't home lol..
I'll hopefully post one soon. Right now, I'm just glad she's happy. Thanks again! sip

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Cooper usually only barks when he hears a noise. Or when Dahlia gets going.

We got Cooper (yellow lab mix) from a friend who had too many puppies. He is a sweet and submissive dog who usually barks when he gets spooked. Playful boy. Often catches the ball or toy in mid air, true to his name. Cooper tries to lick strangers to death.

Dahlia is the lab/pit mix. She showed up under our house on the coldest day of the year last year. She is spirited, but knows her place. She is very much a "guardian" and we put her up when people come over. Funny thing is that outside she is not that way at all. She just tucks her tail at the vet's office.

They have made our lives so much more enjoyable. I always have someone to greet me that is happy as can be to see me. The kids love playing with them. Dahlia especially has bonded with my youngest. Cooper is a daddy's boy.

PS sorry for photo overload.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Cooper usually only barks when he hears a noise. Or when Dahlia gets going.

We got Cooper (yellow lab mix) from a friend who had too many puppies. He is a sweet and submissive dog who usually barks when he gets spooked. Playful boy. Often catches the ball or toy in mid air, true to his name. Cooper tries to lick strangers to death.

Dahlia is the lab/pit mix. She showed up under our house on the coldest day of the year last year. She is spirited, but knows her place. She is very much a "guardian" and we put her up when people come over. Funny thing is that outside she is not that way at all. She just tucks her tail at the vet's office.

They have made our lives so much more enjoyable. I always have someone to greet me that is happy as can be to see me. The kids love playing with them. Dahlia especially has bonded with my youngest. Cooper is a daddy's boy.

PS sorry for photo overload.
Love em both! What a pair! :) Very nice photo's, thanks! sip

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
She's as sweet as she can be. That toy has left her mouth only to eat or drink some water. lol....so glad to adopt her! sip
Wow - what a great pic of your new little girl, Sip!

So cute!!!

LOL.......they do love their toys!

I'm so happy for you and yours....thanks for sharing with us...you made my day.

And thanks Brad for the photo assist! ;)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Hey, great looking dogs all!

What a feel good thread. Every time I open this thread I smile.

Congrats, Sip! Here's to health and happiness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.