Looking For Derrick Thomas Resources For An ESPN/SEC Network Special

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Fans, here is your chance to help.

I got an email today from ESPN "30 for 30" producer Joe Lavine ("Playing for the Mob"), who is doing a story to air on The SEC Network about Derrick Thomas. Lavine is specifically looking for such things as newspaper articles, magazine articles, or other proveable data from the time - as well as Alabama audio of games during Thomas's tenure. I have offered to help him as much as possible (including the willingness to be interviewed as an Alabama fan with a superior memory - I'm no Harvey Updyke as far as communication skills). If you have anything you are willing to copy or share, please PM me. This is a chance for you to help someone put together a great program about a truly great player and human being.

No money - just your donation of things, memorabilia, articles, etc.

Thanx

sbtf

RTR

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
That's pretty awesome dude, I wish I had some things, but all I have are some autographed jerseys from modern era players. When is the special gonna air?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
All I have is memories. You should contact Tony Sacca, former Penn State QB, I'm sure he still has nightmares centered on running for his life from the clutches of DT he'd like to donate. I was in Legion Field that day and you could see the fear in his eyes every time he came to the line of scrimmage. Great memories for me, but for Tony - not so much. Good luck with the project, sounds like fun.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
DT is my all-time favorite player. I was a freshman at UA in 1988 so I saw all the home games that year. IMHO that year was THE most dominant performance by a defensive player in the history of college football, at least in the modern era. It wasn't like he was a one-hit wonder he had also been dominant the year before. He really should have finished in the top 3 for the Heisman that year.

I will look through my collection to see if I have anything that could be used and will let you know.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Very cool Selma and I have nothing to offer as far as anything for the 30 for 30. Derrick did change my life in that the day after hearing of Derrick's crash I began wearing my seatbelt every time I got in a car which I had never done. I believe if DT had his on he would be with us today.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.