****Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. UF****

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Affraid CAG will look back at this loss if he is out of a job at the end of the season and realizes he had to win this one. I give the players credit, they played hard. Holding an SEC team to 52 points should win 99% of games...

HendersonKYTide

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2006
Being a bama and packers fan has been rough the last two months. I'm ready for spring. Need to be able to get outside away from tv!!!

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I don't know how much more of us I can watch this year. I mean I will watch but we are painful to watch. We had such great promise to begin the season. We moved the ball and attacked the goal on offense and now we swing it around the perimeter just like previous years. It's almost like CAG has throttled what we were doing early in the season because we were scoring too many points and scoring too quickly. When we score more points the other team is naturally going to score more which was bothering CAG. I really believe it is an ego thing now. The longer in the shot clock we hold the ball. The fewer possessions the opponent gets which means the fewer points the score. Which in turn CAG can always say our D "his specialty" is playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, there really is something to discuss. I'm now firmly on the side of the necessity of a change. We held a pretty good offensive BB team to the low 50s. Once again, we seemed clueless in the last few seconds with no real plan at all. We'd only scored 22 at the half and all our coach can talk about is defense and TOS. With a few minutes left in the game, the HC tells the team that defense is where the game will be won. Well, I got news. What lost for us was ineptness on offense, and we have the talent to play better. It seems as if he's wearing blinders...

Last edited:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Well, there really is something to discuss. I'm now firmly on the side of the necessity of a change. We held a pretty good offensive BB team to the low 50s. Once again, we seemed clueless in the last few seconds with no real plan at all. We'd only scored 22 at the half and all our coach can talk about is defense and TOS. With a few minutes left in the game, the HC tells the team that defense if where the game will be won. Well, I got news. What lost for us was ineptness on offense, and we have the talent to play better. It seems as if he's wearing blinders...
See my previous post. I believe it's his ego and stubbornness about defense.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
been in favor for a change the last couple years. i cant believe how bad we are passing the basketball. but we've been bad for years. do we have a post player who can actually play with their back to the basket? i could go on but why bother. RTR.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Well, there really is something to discuss. I'm now firmly on the side of the necessity of a change. We held a pretty good offensive BB team to the low 50s. Once again, we seemed clueless in the last few seconds with no real plan at all. We'd only scored 22 at the half and all our coach can talk about is defense and TOS. With a few minutes left in the game, the HC tells the team that defense is where the game will be won. Well, I got news. What lost for us was ineptness on offense, and we have the talent to play better. It seems as if he's wearing blinders...
Very well put Earle!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
My feeling as well. I told myself to sleep on it just to make sure but there have been too many games like this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Grant wants to talk about defense, but the defense isn't what we saw in 2010 or 2011. Where did that defense go? We don't press nearly as much.

Forget Jimmie's early fouls taking him out. How does a team with a weakness inside out score Bama 24-10 in the paint?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
CAG definitely has tendencies of being a control freak! Go zen, let it flow!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.