****Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. UF****

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
Truthfully, if you go back and look these are the same things that have been said throughout Grants tenure. The best case scenario is that Coach Grant move on to another coaching position after this year. It would save Coach Battle from having to make the difficult decision...unless you pull a Jay Jacobs and fire him after the SEC tournament game. Grant's teams unfortunately lack the basic fundamentals of basketball. I'm convinced the offensive schemes are not taught or focused on in practice. It will be very tough for me to continue to put the time and energy in to go to the games. Very frustrating!

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Things said by a teacher when he knows the student is soon to be gone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Grant brings in Reggie Weatherspoon to install a more up tempo offense- and there was a noticeable difference in the first 7 games or so. Then they have 97 scored on them at Xavier and he scraps everything and goes back to last years offense.

It is time for a change. This season is pretty much over as far as the NCAA's. And that's sad with 11 games to go. I may have to check out for the rest of the season. Been watching w/ complete support and dedication since 1974. But this is simply gotten to be unwatchable for me. I hate that fact because there is not much I enjoy more than watching and attending games.

The complete ineptness of the offense combined with some of the officiating ( do we ever get a key call down the stretch?) has gotten to be beyond frustrating. The 2nd charging call on Taylor and the phantom 3 shot foul on Randolph in the first half is a 5 point swing. Pitiful and biased calls on both.

Again- game was lost in the first half. How do you come out on your home floor in a game this important and play that bad? I hate to talk this way about Coach Grant but all of this falls on his shoulders. Time to move on.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I am sooo tired of going to games only to have my heart ripped out. I like many thought CAG was a home run hire, but clearly it has not been a good fit. I've been begging for a change for 2 years. It seems he has pulled back the reigns on the offense and gone back to the run to the defense only plan. Well it doesn't work. Anyone who actually sat in the arena a saw the games knew it was not going to work. Now we are in worse shape than we were when he took the job. Bama fans are now almost conditioned to be happy with mediocrity. He may be a good coach at a small school, but he is in the big leagues making 2 million a year. This program is stagnant and if there is not a change , I'm done. I am not paying for tickets to see this crap.

This program is starving for a good coach who will promote the sport and recruit every good recruit without regards to them having AAU ties or not. It is time for a change, sooner rather than later. This team is DOA now. No chance to make the tourney. Another Not invited tournament for which he gets paid a bonus. This Florida loss will look worse and worse as the year goes on as well and we still have to play them in Gainesville. We likely won't get to 20 wins.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
This Florida loss will look worse and worse as the year goes on as well and we still have to play them in Gainesville.
We only play them once this year. Thank goodness for small miracles.

Figures the year they are down, we only play them once. Not that it would matter, the way things are going.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
To quote Dandy Don Meredith, with what's gotta be the coda for Grant's coaching shelf-life at 'Bama, "S̶h̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ Turn out the lights, the party's over..."

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I haven't been to a game all year and do not plan to. I watch on TV, but like you said for me the time, energy, and money isn't worth it this year. And we are better than last year.go back and look these are the same things that have been said throughout Grants tenure. The best case scenario is that Coach Grant move on to another coaching position after this year. It would save Coach Battle from having to make the difficult decision...unless you pull a Jay Jacobs and fire him after the SEC tournament game. Grant's teams unfortunately lack the basic fundamentals of basketball. I'm convinced the offensive schemes are not taught or focused on in practice. It will be very tough for me to continue to put the time and energy in to go to the games. Very frustrating![/QUOTE]

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The first half was just about the worst display of basketball I've ever seen. By both teams.
Agreed. If we hadn't played so poorly in the first half, we wouldn't have had to dig ourselves out of a hole in the second half. Simple math says that made the difference between a win and a loss.
I'm sticking by my opinion on the "Future of AL BB" thread. Regardless of how we end the season, and it looks more and more like it will end the same as has every season since Anthony Grant arrived, this needs to be his last at the Capstone.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
There is not a classier, better man to lead our troops than CAG. BUT- his failure to produce teams that don't have to struggle SO HARD to score 60 points will be his undoing. I've never seen a team over the period of 3-4 years work so hard to score so few points.

Counter this with what Coach Fox is doing in Athens. Much less talent on paper and while they are not UK or Duke, they are fun to watch. This Alabama team is like watching the guillotine. Painful.

I love the Tide and I respect and admire CAG but unless we finish 12-6or 11-7 MAYBE- I think CBB will make a move. Hoping we get on a serious roll.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm so old, I can remember when Bama hoops was fun to watch.
Haha...me too...and I'm not that old....mid 40's.

I said after the Auburn game that the only good thing about it was the "W" over the Barn. We didn't play well at all in that game either.

I don't know if I'll take the time to watch another game this year. If NCIS would have not been a re-run last night, I would have watched it instead.

HendersonKYTide

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2006
What drives me crazy is I'll watch every time they are on! I'll get very mad in the first half, feel a little optimistic in the 2nd, get excited about coming back, then completely let down at the buzzer. Oh well...fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me. I guess I'm just a fool!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I have been convinced for a couple of years that CAG was not going to turn the program around. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how things went this year with the transfers and freshmen added into the mix but it has been very obvious since the Xavier game that this year was not going to turn out any different than the previous years. Unless we get on a roll and win some games that it appears now that we won't win, the NCAA will not happen this year.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Could be that Coach Battle woke up this morning wondering what Nolan Richardson's up to these days...

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Well since it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Grant will not be back next year, who do we get to replace him? I have been a huge supporter of Coach Grant and thought this would be his year. Just not sure who we can get that will come in and get results for us. Do we get someone who has AAU ties? I don't think it can be denied that Florida has under achieved this year. They have more talent and a proven head coach. This game may propel them. To bad it will be at our expense. I am finally coming around a bit to it may be time for a change after listening to him talk last night. I just don't know who we can get that can get the recruits we need to win big here.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Please stop this madness. I can't stand to watch the games on the tube anymore, much less drive down to watch them in person.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.