LSU Brandon Harris' HS coach advising him to transfer out of LSU.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What is going on over there in Red Stick? First Chavez leaves in what is at best a lateral move to tAm. Now this. There seems to be dissention growing in Les' realm.
There's a groundswell of discontent that is on its way to bubbling over. It's starting to impact recruiting as you see by this HS coach. Hey, why encourage them to go to LSU and that crappy offense when (insert school with more potent offense) is standing right there with an offer to go play in a dynamic offense? That's what is being used on the recruiting trail and it's about to blow up in Miles' face if he doesn't have a major turn around this season.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
There's a groundswell of discontent that is on its way to bubbling over. It's starting to impact recruiting as you see by this HS coach. Hey, why encourage them to go to LSU and that crappy offense when (insert school with more potent offense) is standing right there with an offer to go play in a dynamic offense? That's what is being used on the recruiting trail and it's about to blow up in Miles' face if he doesn't have a major turn around this season.
And if you are Chavez, why leave a school that is focused on defense to go to a place that loves the HUNH? That seems like career suicide for a respected DC. There must be a lot wrong in Cajun Country.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
And if you are Chavez, why leave a school that is focused on defense to go to a place that loves the HUNH? That seems like career suicide for a respected DC. There must be a lot wrong in Cajun Country.
Rumor has it Chavis was unhappy with his salary (Muschamp's new contract) and also frustrated that the offense gave his defense no help. Obviously neither one of his concerns were going to change. So he bolted. I don't blame him.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Rumor has it Chavis was unhappy with his salary (Muschamp's new contract) and also frustrated that the offense gave his defense no help. Obviously neither one of his concerns were going to change. So he bolted. I don't blame him.
I don't blame him either. A&M is a pretty good situation. If he just puts an average defense on the field they should be a 9+ win team. And Chavis will get plenty of points from the offense, or at least a lot more than he was getting at LSU..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2011 was a masterpiece by Chavis. Things have only gotten worse since then. I also don't blame him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rumor has it Chavis was unhappy with his salary (Muschamp's new contract)
LSU fans were saying that Chavis's big sticking point in the extension as that it wasn't guaranteed - if Miles left or was fired, he'd (likely) be out of a job. LSU was inflexible about that, apparently, and A&M came calling...

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Name a QB that has developed into a good one under Les Miles while at LSU? Mettenberger was a transfer from UGA.

LSU is where HS QB's go to die.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I couldn't tell if you were doing just 7 games for all of the players or not but they had two 1,000 yard receivers and a 1,000 rusher. That doesn't happen very often.

Jeremy Hill20314016.916
Beckham
Landry
Gotta give credit where it due. Those are outstanding numbers esp. Considering the lack of talent at the QB postion for Les and the tygahs

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Gotta give credit where it due. Those are outstanding numbers esp. Considering the lack of talent at the QB postion for Les and the tygahs
Those were 2013 stats when Zach Mettenberger was the QB. Wouldn't say there was "lack of talent" there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ragincajunkarl

May 24, 2013
Lafayette, LA
In regards to the Chavis comments, he is a solid DC, but the 2011 talent was sick. A lot of DCs could have been good with Brockers, Mathieu, Reid, Logan, Claiborne, Simon, etc. Personally, I think other coaches in the SEC learned his system, so maybe a shakeup there is good for LSU. We'll see.

I didn't like the news about Harris' old coach. What not enough people are saying is had Harris gone to Auburn (which was high on his list), how many games would he have started or played there? Surely he would have been 3rd string behind Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson. He has a good chance to start at LSU next year, so transferring just makes no sense to me.

Miles does need to adapt to his QB's strengths, however.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.