LSU Brandon Harris' HS coach advising him to transfer out of LSU.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For those that don't know, I live in northwest Louisiana so I get a lot of LSU information. Today, Brandon Harris' HS coach (David Feaster of Parkway HS) was on our local sports talk radio show and unashamedly made it public that he had been advising Brandon to transfer out of Baton Rouge and to attend a JUCO school for one year, then to another major university after that. He said so far Brandon is still committed to LSU but he's having dinner with Brandon tonight and they will discuss it more.

Coach Feaster went on to discuss his displeasure with the LSU staff and how they've handled not only the quarterback situation but the entire offense in general. He said as of right now there's no way he'd advise a young kid playing offense to go down there.

http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/Harris-HS-coach-has-strong-words-for-Les-35131444

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unless he's only paying more attention to LSU because Harris is there, I'm not sure why Feaster would just now realize he shouldn't advise a kid to go there. What has the LSU offense done since Miles arrived that would make any kid want to go there?

In 2013, the LSU offense was led by current NFL players Zach Mettenberger at QB (1,412 yards and 8 TDs in 7 games before getting injured), Jeremy Hill at RB (1,124 yards and 9 TDs), Odell Beckham Jr at WR (1,305 yards and 12 TDs), and Jarvis Landry (758 yards and 5 TDs).

That team went 9-3 in the regular season, but the offense didn't really put great fear in many opponents' eyes.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Unless he's only paying more attention to LSU because Harris is there, I'm not sure why Feaster would just now realize he shouldn't advise a kid to go there. What has the LSU offense done since Miles arrived that would make any kid want to go there?

In 2013, the LSU offense was led by current NFL players Zach Mettenberger at QB (1,412 yards and 8 TDs in 7 games before getting injured), Jeremy Hill at RB (1,124 yards and 9 TDs), Odell Beckham Jr at WR (1,305 yards and 12 TDs), and Jarvis Landry (758 yards and 5 TDs).

That team went 9-3 in the regular season, but the offense didn't really put great fear in many opponents' eyes.
I couldn't tell if you were doing just 7 games for all of the players or not but they had two 1,000 yard receivers and a 1,000 rusher. That doesn't happen very often.

Jeremy Hill20314016.916

Beckham
Landry

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree with this: http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/.../time-new-lsu-offensive-coordinator/19150949/

If it had not for Kiffin, I think we would probably have same issues that LSU had this year... because of the evolution of the offense and the way LSU runs ball is similar to Arkansas and it all come down to one thing: Development of the QBs... I think Cam Cameron is a good OC, but he and Coach Les Miles haven't showed the world that they can adapt. They're not changing the offense to fit Jenning/Harris strength. Kiffin is a good coach that can adjust based on player's skillsets. Why can't Cameron do the same. IF I were Harris, i would transfer, because it seems to me that he's better off going somewhere....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I guess that coach can forget about ever getting any favors from Miles.

Did any Alabama high school coaches ever blast Dubose or Shula like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The coach isn't thinking this through at all. LSU is not Alabama, but how many schools have put more offensive players in the NFL in the last 4-5 years? Sure, their college numbers will not be amazing, but the NFL recognizes talent when it sees it. LSU is on TV and plays several big games every year. These kids are getting every opportunity to make it in the NFL.

Sounds more like a fan that is unhappy with Miles and LSU than a coach concerned about the development of his players.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The coach isn't thinking this through at all. LSU is not Alabama, but how many schools have put more offensive players in the NFL in the last 4-5 years? Sure, their college numbers will not be amazing, but the NFL recognizes talent when it sees it. LSU is on TV and plays several big games every year. These kids are getting every opportunity to make it in the NFL.

Sounds more like a fan that is unhappy with Miles and LSU than a coach concerned about the development of his players.
See my first post in the thread. There's plenty of offensive talent on that team. There's plenty of offensive talent in that state. Les Miles hasn't done anything with it, though. That's the coach's frustration.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

But players still like to have fun in the process. Sure, a kid with NFL talent could legitimately go down to Baton Rouge, play in a crappy offense that looks like it has a choke collar put on it and still get drafted. But why do that when you can go somewhere else and still get drafted but don't have to suffer through an incompetent offense?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Or a coach that cares more about his former players than LSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But players still like to have fun in the process. Sure, a kid with NFL talent could legitimately go down to Baton Rouge, play in a crappy offense that looks like it has a choke collar put on it and still get drafted. But why do that when you can go somewhere else and still get drafted but don't have to suffer through an incompetent offense?
Can't argue with that.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

Then again maybe Miles would love for Harris to take his High School coaches advice...Miles being Miles, who knows!:confused:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Indeed - yet still ended the season ranked 35th in total offense (7th in SEC) and 23rd in scoring offense (6th in SEC).

Amazingly mediocre despite production at those skill positions.
agreed. in 2013, LSU came to Tuscaloosa with their " high power " offense that many Bama fans thought was very difficult to contain. Cam Cameron had proven that he was going to give the ball to his playmakers ( Hill, Landry, Beckham) over the course of the season. the Tide defense pretty much had its way with LSU in the 2nd half, their 1k WR tandem was limited and Hill was not a factor during the whole game. Zack didn't have too many options to go to when both his stud WRs were shut down by our secondary. Hill ran into a brick wall most of the night. flash forward to 2014, Cameron's offense is nowhere near as potent as it was in 2013 without those NFL talent.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
agreed. in 2013, LSU came to Tuscaloosa with their " high power " offense that many Bama fans thought was very difficult to contain. Cam Cameron had proven that he was going to give the ball to his playmakers ( Hill, Landry, Beckham) over the course of the season. the Tide defense pretty much had its way with LSU in the 2nd half, their 1k WR tandem was limited and Hill was not a factor during the whole game. Zack didn't have too many options to go to when both his stud WRs were shut down by our secondary. Hill ran into a brick wall most of the night. flash forward to 2014, Cameron's offense is nowhere near as potent as it was in 2013 without those NFL talent.
Good times. Good times...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
No real reason to defend Les Miles' staff in terms of offensive success, but that notwithstanding Feaster should perhaps stop complaining long enough to tell Harris to look in the mirror.

Truth of the matter is that Harris didn't put in near the level of work this past season to become a good QB in the SEC, and even he effectively admitted as such before the bowl game. You can't just show up and expect to be a dominant player at that position, and that is basically what Harris thought would happen when he took the trek down I-49 to Baton Rouge.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't disagree with Feaster's sentiments regarding LSU's offense. But I don't know that going on the radio and lighting up the HC and staff is the thing to do.

What goes around comes around. Inflammatory public statements like that have a way of rousing Karma's female canine ire.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
What is going on over there in Red Stick? First Chavez leaves in what is at best a lateral move to tAm. Now this. There seems to be dissention growing in Les' realm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.