SEC’s best and worst cities for SEC football fans in 2015

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
From the site:

Methodology

In order to identify the best and worst cities for football fans, WalletHub analyzed 142 of the largest U.S. cities based on 11 key metrics, which are listed below with their corresponding weights. For our sample, we chose cities with at least one college or professional football team.

Number of NFL & College Football (FBS) Teams: 1
Performance Quality of Teams (No. of Wins/Total Games Played): 2
(Note: Past three seasons’ averages for NFL and NCAA Division 1 FBS teams was used for this calculation.)
Average Ticket Price for an NFL Game & Minimum Season Ticket Price for a College Football (FBS) Game: 2
Stadium Accessibility (City Population/Stadium Capacity): 0.5
Number of Championships Won: 1
Number of Division Championships Won: 0.5
Number of Sports Bars per Capita: 0.5
Fan Friendliness and Engagement per Capita (Number of Twitter Followers + Number of Facebook Likes): 1
Franchise Value (Team Estimated Value in $Million): 0.5
(Note: For NFL teams only)
Attendance (Average Home-Fan Attendance/Arena Capacity): 0.5
Viewership Rankings (Percentage of Adults in Team's Market Who Have Watched, Listened to or Attended a Game in the Past 12 Months): 0.5

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Maybe I should have put my quote in blue font. :smile:

Some of those make me scratch my head. Facebook likes? I am trying to figure out what liking (or disliking) something or someone on Facebook:conf3: has to do with being a good or bad football town. Twitter following I can understand.

I probably don't understand the Facebook statement.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.