Big Ten Needs to Fight Back Against Recruiting Rules That Favor SEC

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The backroom of college football is a game of king of the hill. The big winners get all the titles, but also all the money, the top recruits, the exposure and even control of the rules. That's why this is the big moment for the Big Ten to stand up to the SEC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-back-against-recruiting-rules-that-favor-sec

Good grannies. Not only do we have advantage with weather and bowls but now we have advantage in population. Haha. That is strange. When I look at the population of the B1G I find it is still more populous than the SEC states. So, I throw a flag on this excuse.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Articles like this get attention of multiple fan bases, but are ironically baseless in substance or truth. Good to know what's out there though. Thanks.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I searched a few articles on the number of NFL players from each state. A few older ones had Ohio 4th while this more recent one from Sporting News for 2013 has Ohio 5th.

Ohio State has a good advantage in numbers being the only "big" football school in the state. There aren't many players from several of midwestern states.

I also wonder when it comes to high school recruiting ratings if there are some areas where players get more exposure and more media coverage so some of their true equals who are located in other areas of the country and other school systems may end up getting lower rankings.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.