Ex-Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix makes fun of LSU for hiring defensive coordinator

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Excuse former Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
He has been busy the past few months playing for the Green Bay Packers. So maybe now he's just now hearing the news of LSU hiring Kevin Steele as its new defensive coordinator.
His thoughts on the move? Not impressed.
Clinton-Dix poked fun at the hire via Twitter on Friday, laughing and pointing out Steele's Clemson Tigers giving up 70 points in the 2012 Discover Orange Bowl against West Virginia.
Kevin Steele defensive coordinator for LSU? last-time he was a DC he got 70 points scored on him.
http://theadvocate.com/news/11475672-123/ex-alabama-safety-ha-ha-clinton-dix

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Maybe Steele is better prepared to be a DC this time around. But, any way you slice it, it's hard to make a case that LSU came out ahead replacing Chavis with Steele.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I thought LSWHO made a very unimpressive hire in hiring Steele. When I first heard they talked to Steele I thought there is no way they will hire him as their DC. Not a good move on their part in my opinion.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Ex-Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix makes fun of LSU for hiring defensive coo...

Seeing as how he was a SportCenter punchline for his blown coverage on the 2 point conversion in the NFC Championship, if I were HaHa I'd be careful about whom I trolled on Twitter...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Ex-Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix makes fun of LSU for hiring defensive coo...

Seeing as how he was a SportCenter punchline for his blown coverage on the 2 point conversion in the NFC Championship, if I were HaHa I'd be careful about whom I trolled on Twitter...
He played a great game up until then and had a very good year. I'm a Packer and Haha/Bama fan and will defend both, and considering some of the comments made on Twitter this was not that bad.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Ex-Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix makes fun of LSU for hiring defensive coo...

Recruiting wise Coach Steele is among the elite in the recruiting world, but, as much as I respect Coach Steele, I don't think he's among the elite when it comes to "Coaching Up" that talent..It was a safe hire by Coach Miles & will help them recruiting wise..I don't think Coach Steele will elevate their "On-Field" production with his style of play..

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Never a good idea to run your mouth publicly about another guy. The behind you kick on the way up may be the one you have to kiss on the way down, etc. Though I have to admit, it is kind of funny :)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

He didn't lie - he said exactly what happened. Why do people get their panties in a bunch when someone points out a fact, verifiable and historically accurate? Clemson didn't have a great defense that year period. Ha Ha hates the who's - who on here that's a true Bama fan doesn't dislike them? (Hate may be a strong word for some - it's not for me.) He didn't say he was a terrible LB coach (I think we all saw that he wasn't a very good one). The who's took a huge step backwards, IMO. Lets see how good their defense is next year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Just as long as it wasn't one of the current's or coaches....I'm fine with it.....

HaHa is allowed to have an opinion.....

I wish he'd have played that last 2 pt conversion a little better -- but, meh, that's just my opinion....

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
I thought LSWHO made a very unimpressive hire in hiring Steele. When I first heard they talked to Steele I thought there is no way they will hire him as their DC. Not a good move on their part in my opinion.
I don't think the HAT has made a good coaching hire with any of the coordinators he has hired recently. Chavis is probably the best hire he has made.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He didn't lie - he said exactly what happened. Why do people get their panties in a bunch when someone points out a fact, verifiable and historically accurate? Clemson didn't have a great defense that year period. Ha Ha hates the who's - who on here that's a true Bama fan doesn't dislike them? (Hate may be a strong word for some - it's not for me.) He didn't say he was a terrible LB coach (I think we all saw that he wasn't a very good one). The who's took a huge step backwards, IMO. Lets see how good their defense is next year.
He may be saying the truth, but in my opinion saying it makes him look like a jerk. Maybe he has some personal issues with Steele that I am unaware of but this just looks petty to me.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He may be saying the truth, but in my opinion saying it makes him look like a jerk. Maybe he has some personal issues with Steele that I am unaware of but this just looks petty to me.
Yup. The term 'class' is thrown about a lot, but this is a good example of the lack thereof.

Just because something is fact doesn't mean it's good to speak about it publicly...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Shouldn't it say something about this past coaching staff that a player one year removed from the team laughed at a guy leaving for LSU? If HaHa mocks the hire, what did the players on the 2014 team think of Steele?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Yup. The term 'class' is thrown about a lot, but this is a good example of the lack thereof.

Just because something is fact doesn't mean it's good to speak about it publicly...
yep, in most cases, dirty laundry takes care of airing itself if it needs to be aired.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

It's always a little bit of a let-down when a former player decides to take a swipe at his former teammates or coaches.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

This says to me that he is still bleeding Crimson. He lived those epic battles with LSU. I bet if he had gone to any school outside of LSU and Auburn not a word would have been said. I like the fact that he is still invested. Recruits will see this as positive.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Well if stating facts makes someone look "petty", so be it; when it is directed at one of your school's heated rivals, I don't see it.
And I'm sure very few people know anything about whether the highlighted text is true or not.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com

Yep I see this as more of a Bama vs SEC schools take (in this case LSU) more than a swipe at Steele. I don't think he is being to serious, just having fun and I'm cool with it. I gotta admit, it's gonna be fun to watch and see how this hire plays out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.