Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. UK ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. UK (again)****

Good effort. Proud of the team. We can't recruit against Kentucky, it's that simple.
Just like they can't recruit against us in football.
We need to play with this intensity for the rest of the season.
We may not end up great but we can end up pretty good.
sip

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Not that UK's inside game needed the help but UK hit almost 48% for 3's which opens up the middle. UK shot almost 59% overall.

Alabama out-rebounded UK.

I missed most of the 1st half so the part of the game I saw was not too bad. Bama seemed to miss most of the last batch of free throws; I think they were shooting FT's at a pretty good clip early.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Not that UK's inside game needed the help but UK hit almost 48% for 3's which opens up the middle. UK shot almost 59% overall.

Alabama out-rebounded UK.

I missed most of the 1st half so the part of the game I saw was not too bad. Bama seemed to miss most of the last batch of free throws; I think they were shooting FT's at a pretty good clip early.
People can say what they want, but for us to out rebound them is one of the most incredible statistics I've ever witnessed.
The fact is, they have 9-10 NBA players. We have maybe one...Rodney. It may take him some years in developmental leagues, but he has the shot.
We just need to try to finish strong and hope we do good in the SEC tournament.
What good does it do to fire the coach in the middle of the season?
My goodness, seriously, look who we've lost to, and how.
Let's just win the rest of them. Let's go!
sip

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Well yes, but I'll bet most of those were long rebounds on missed shots. But, hey we have to hang our hats on something!

People can say what they want, but for us to out rebound them is one of the most incredible statistics I've ever witnessed.
The fact is, they have 9-10 NBA players. We have maybe one...Rodney. It may take him some years in developmental leagues, but he has the shot.
We just need to try to finish strong and hope we do good in the SEC tournament.
What good does it do to fire the coach in the middle of the season?
My goodness, seriously, look who we've lost to, and how.
Let's just win the rest of them. Let's go!
sip

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

What good does it do to fire the coach in the middle of the season
sip
I don't know it does any good UNLESS an assistant on the staff, Reggie Witherspoon is looked at as a possible replacement. Then, maybe it makes sense to see what type of improvements on the offensive side he can implement over thr last 10 games or so... Also, are there AAU kids in the late signing window that could be in play should we have a coach willing to recruit them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I don't know it does any good UNLESS an assistant on the staff, Reggie Witherspoon is looked at as a possible replacement. Then, maybe it makes sense to see what type of improvements on the offensive side he can implement over thr last 10 games or so... Also, are there AAU kids in the late signing window that could be in play should we have a coach willing to recruit them.
It's not really just a matter of recruiting AAU kids. You first have to recruit their "volunteer coaches." This involves a lot of sleazy, "gray area" transactions. With some programs, it's more than just "gray." Personally, I don't want to se us go there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.