Official: POSTGAME Thread: Alabama vs. Kentucky

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Not that the UK inside game needed any help but they hit the 3's this game which opens the middle even more. UK shot just under 47% 3's and 58.5% on all field goals.

Alabama out-rebounded UK! I missed most of the 1st half so the part of the game I saw wasn't too bad.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Not that the UK inside game needed any help but they hit the 3's this game which opens the middle even more. UK shot just under 47% 3's and 58.5% on all field goals.

Alabama out-rebounded UK! I missed most of the 1st half so the part of the game I saw wasn't too bad.
I also missed the first half, but by what I heard from the announcers, the Tide started out in a hole again, and had to play catch-up all game long - again. There are some teams to which going into an early hole and then catching up might not be too difficult. The 'cats aren't one of those teams.
I'm just wondering if we could play them twice a year in football.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Missed the first half myself. Announcers said we had 10 turnovers in the first half. As Reb said, we dig a hole to start the game that we can't climb out of. Our second half play was respectable. Day-Day says we out rebounded Kentucky! That's good.

I heard the announcers say that in our last three games (before Kentucky) we had 56 turnovers and 26 assists. Almost 20 TOs a game. Can't win with that. So many of the TOs are unforced.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I watched the replay of the 1st half since I missed it live. I had said that the outside shooting opened up UK's inside game but maybe it was the other way around. I did not see UK take many contested three point shots. Bama was trying to stop the ball from getting inside but UK still basically scored a ton of points in the paint. Bama had very few turnovers in the 2nd half.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We only had 37 shot attempts in that game. Can't win if you don't shoot the ball!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.