The Final Push: Where We Stand 2/2

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hmmmmm. Interesting!

We have a few schollies "opened" up recently. Kind of makes you wonder if we have some major surprizes in store for us tomorrow.........:cool2:
I am happy with our class the way it is but yes, that is very interesting indeed. Seems every year we pull a rabbit or two out of a hat.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Some quick hitters:

Charlot: He has an early announcement planned in the morning, so we should know on that one by 9:00 a.m. Prevailing opinion is 'Bama is still in control on that one.

Hill: Some cautious optimism today from most in the UA camp, but no one is making any hard-and-fast predictions here just yet. FWIW, I do not expect him to end up at Arkansas, I think this is a 'Bama v. Ohio State battle.

Jefferson: No one has a clue -- and I'm not even sure he does, either -- and those who tell you they do are either outright lying or just really gullible. Wouldn't be shocked if he picked 'Bama tomorrow, but really wouldn't be shocked regardless of what he does. I just hope he gets his head on straight before August if he does sign with 'Bama.

Richmond: Figure it's a toss-up between Ole Miss and Tennessee, and by no means would I count Ole Miss out yet, recent decommitment or not. Freeze and company have talked him back off the ledge a couple of times before, and may very well do it again. Kind of think we could have gotten this one had we actually been able to get him on campus for an official visit, and while we are still sort of in this race, I can't see us ever getting a signature from a kid who wouldn't even take a free trip.

Fitzpatrick: Still enough FSU smoke out there to make you uncomfortable. Cautious optimism from me.

Sheffield: A&M people have been quiet on this one in the past 48-72 hours, which I take as a good sign for 'Bama.

Cager: Longshot? Absolutely. But if we aren't getting Hill, the staff will make certain he has an LOI tomorrow morning. Don't be shocked if this happens if we don't land Hill.

Prince: Maryland v. Ohio State battle in my eyes, and I'd put money on Maryland.

Tega: Nothing is going to happen tomorrow either way. Staff plans on getting him to T'town on an official visit in the next couple of weeks, if his leg injury allows.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
KJ Hill is announcing at 9 tomorrow, so we should have an idea about this class pretty early tomorrow.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Minkah announces "My name is Minkah Fitzpatrick and I'll be attending the University of Alabama" at an announcement ceremony at his school today.

He's signing something in this picture. Could it be his LOI but won't fax it until tomorrow?

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Minkah announces "My name is Minkah Fitzpatrick and I'll be attending the University of Alabama" at an announcement ceremony at his school today.

He's signing something in this picture. Could it be his LOI but won't fax it until tomorrow?

yes....they wanted to avoid craziness of tomorrow.....

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Excellent - the monsignor over his left shoulder must've been under orders from the Holy See, er, Saban, to get 'er done a day early.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Great news seeing Minkah reconfirm his commitment and look forward to seeing his name on the LOI early tomorrow morning. Now lets get 22 more of these and hopefully Charlot, Hill and Jefferson.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A great picture. I know appearances can be deceiving but these young men look like they did their school proud.
Pretty impressive set of caps on Fitzpatrick's teammates. Notre Dame on the left, Fitzpatrick to Alabama in the middle, and Stanford on the right. Plus, there's another cap on the far left, though I can't make out which school it represents.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Take it FWIW, but apparently Godwin has pushed back his announcement until 6:00 p.m. tomorrow evening, and a lot of UGA fans are just losing their minds.

I would assume he will fax in much earlier in the day, but you never know.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Pretty impressive set of caps on Fitzpatrick's teammates. Notre Dame on the left, Fitzpatrick to Alabama in the middle, and Stanford on the right. Plus, there's another cap on the far left, though I can't make out which school it represents.
You are right. They must excel in the classroom as well as they do on the field.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I will have internet access tomorrow morning, but no tv (at work). Is there a site I could watch the announcements live?

Also FWIW, Dayton sports radio this afternoon is saying that Isaiah Prince is going to sign with the Buckeyes.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.