The Final Push: Where We Stand 2/2

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I'm hearing that news of where KJ Hill is headed is dropping today...I heard this from a good reliable source, we will see....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Jefferson is just playing around. If his signing moment goes anything like the rest of his recruitment, he'll probably have at least one hat switch, a jacket reveal, and perhaps even a live animal.

Otherwise, all I will say on him is that I hope he attacks his on-field career with a lot more seriousness and focus than he did his recruitment, or it's not going to matter who he signs with.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Jefferson is just playing around. If his signing moment goes anything like the rest of his recruitment, he'll probably have at least one hat switch, a jacket reveal, and perhaps even a live animal.

Otherwise, all I will say on him is that I hope he attacks his on-field career with a lot more seriousness and focus than he did his recruitment, or it's not going to matter who he signs with.
I don`t know. With Jefferson, I`d probably feel more comfortable about our chances if he was in another school`s attire.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's amazing how spoiled we have become. Alabama has been at the top of the team rankings pretty much the whole way, and has had a very large class for a long time as well. It seems to me that with the signing limit, there was only one way for the class to play out, and that is the way it has. Alabama only had a few spots to play with, and they have that signing limit that comes in and says you can't mess with guys who have questionable academics and the like.

Alabama had to go from hunter to hunted when they reached the point they really couldn't make many more offers. It still seems like Alabama will coast to a #1 class, even with a loss of momentum and I don't see how anyone can ask for more than that. That's just my two cents on where we stand, thanks for the update.

Last edited:

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
It's amazing how spoiled we have become. Alabama has been at the top of the team rankings pretty much the whole way, and has had a very large class for a long time as well. It seems to me that with the signing limit, there was only one way for the class to play out, and that is the way it has. Alabama only had a few spots to play with, and they have that signing limit that comes in and says you can't mess with guys who have questionable academics and the like.

Alabama had to go from hunter to hunted when they reached the point they really couldn't make many more offers. It still seems like Alabama will coast to a #1 class, even with a loss of momentum and I don't see how anyone can ask for more than that. That's just my two cents on where we stand, thanks for the update.
Just imagine the gloom and doom when we have a year with only the 4th or 5th ranked recruiting class. It will be epic.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Big late surge of Godwin-to-Auburn talk this afternoon.

On the fundamentals alone, I doubt this happens. Then again, every NSD brings some really weird developments, although this one would be up there.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

No dancing sharks?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This entire recruiting season has been the worst that I can remember. Recruiting has become a complete circus, and you can't trust anyone.

I am a dinosaur. I am opposed to schools recruiting kids who have committed elsewhere, and I am opposed to kids changing their commitments without significant cause. The first takes advantage of the immaturity of the kids involved. The later is breaking your word. Both lack integrity.

Yeah, all schools do it and in so doing are trying to get kids to do it, but that makes it no less wrong. It is a dirty business, and one that disgusts me more and more every year.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This entire recruiting season has been the worst that I can remember. Recruiting has become a complete circus, and you can't trust anyone.

I am a dinosaur. I am opposed to schools recruiting kids who have committed elsewhere, and I am opposed to kids changing their commitments without significant cause. The first takes advantage of the immaturity of the kids involved. The later is breaking your word. Both lack integrity.

Yeah, all schools do it and in so doing are trying to get kids to do it, but that makes it no less wrong. It is a dirty business, and one that disgusts me more and more every year.
I agree with you 100%. I use to be addicted to following recruiting but I just can't anymore. I absolutely hate all the 'games' being played and the circus show announcements. I tune in on signing day just to see who we actually received signed LOI's from. Honestly Barnett is the only guy in the current list that I've watched footage of.

Also in regards to that CeCe Jefferson pic/story....I'd rather not have a player like that and I have no problem saying it. These guys play worse games than 20-something year old females. Such juvenile stuff all around.

Last edited:

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I agree with you 100%. I use to be addicted to following recruiting but I just can't anymore. I absolutely hate all the 'games' being played and the circus show announcements. I tune in on signing day just to see who we actually received signed LOI's from. Honestly Barnett is the only guy in the current list that I've watched footage of.

Also in regards to that CeCe Jefferson pic/story....I'd rather not have a player like that and I have no problem saying it. These guys play worse games than 20-something year old females. Such juvenile stuff all around.
With some of these recruits, you can almost predict that they will go somewhere where they have been promised early playing time and plenty of pampering. Next thing you know the team has a Jadeveon Clowney or Jameis Winston on their hands.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
CeCe Jefferson likes to play the game, so his attire at school today shouldn't surprise anyone...

With this picture and watching his recruitment, I can say with a 99.9% certainty he is not headed to Bama. Tomorrow he will have on Allbarn gear....which means it is down to Flurdah, and Ole Myth, or whichever gear he has on will not be in his top 2.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I can't say I won't follow recruiting because I really do enjoy it. However, all the show boating of some of these recruits is getting old. Enjoying the process is one thing, but some of the tactics certain players use are really annoying. I hate to blame everything on the internet but I think that, and the competition of recruiting services fuels a lot of these guys. Sad to say, I'll still be watching. RTR!

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
I can't say I won't follow recruiting because I really do enjoy it. However, all the show boating of some of these recruits is getting old. Enjoying the process is one thing, but some of the tactics certain players use are really annoying. I hate to blame everything on the internet but I think that, and the competition of recruiting services fuels a lot of these guys. Sad to say, I'll still be watching. RTR!
So long as Bama wins a lot more than it loses I will enjoy following.......whether it is games or recruiting. The joy clearly surpasses the disappointments. Hard to improve on #1.
I realize we could be passed, as #1, if we don't fill all our spots.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I have worked a LOT more this year during recruiting season then I normally do, which has saved me from getting near as deep into things. So first I have to say thank you to the guys like BET, RTO, WMack, and others for keeping us updated. I usually am a lot more active this time of the year, but I have been bogged down and you guys have done a great job of keeping us up to date.

It has also kept me from getting quite as invested as usual. So although there has been an abnormal amount of drama, I haven't dealt with quite as much of it as normal.

In the long run, I will follow recruiting like I always have. I like to know who is coming and going, who the future sits with. I like to know what the potential ahead is. So no matter how much of a circus it is, I will keep watching.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I think it's a case of LACK of MATURITY to change a commitment. Either you are committed or you are NOT! Don't commit unless you are going to stand by your commitment! In some cases it just may be someone $offered$ something more than someone else.

I would NOT want someone who cannot keep their commitment. How can you TRUST them in your program? If you are not going to be a MAN of your WORD in one respect, well I'm sure you are NOT in many more.

If you are going to lose someone who was COMMITTED but no longer is, then sign someone who could be a DIAMOND in the rough and could turn out to be someone like the guy from West Alabama, #21, who intercepted that pass yesterday in the Super Bowl! How about someone FROM the state of Alabama.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.