Johnny Manziel Entered Treatment This Past Wednesday

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He and his camp are not even ready to talk about what problem he is in treatment for, so this is not going to help. You can't fix this kind of narcissism at a rehab clinic.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Common misconception. Actually many can "raise their bottom" to where they don't have to lose everything in order to get into and sustain recovery. Rock bottom relates as much emotional immaturity and insecurity as it does to loss of family, friends, and finances.

It really boils to a circumstance where the individual recognizes a couple of key concepts. First, I have a problem and the problem is me, not my family, not my friends, not my job, not the bottle, not the pills, but me. Second, my own selfishness and self will are the things that will kill me.

If he (Manziel) isn't there, then he will leave rehab, suffer more consequences and either have an epiphany or wind up, as we say, "locked up (jail) or covered up (dead)".

Only time will tell.
I read a very interesting book on this very subject called, "The High-Bottom Drunk". It was an excellent read.

As for Johnny Manziel--either he has a substance abuse problem that he is hiding or he is just a spoiled-rotten child who needs a "break". Addicts need rehab. Spoiled rotten kids do not. So, is he doing this to appease people, or does he legitimately need help? He could fix a lot of his issues by just growing up and taking responsibility for his actions.

Next.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Note to self: trademark "Johnny Rehab" ASAP.

Joking aside, hope he is taking this seriously. If so, good luck to him and hopefully he's getting things straightened out in time to avoid being a Ryan Leaf redux. If he's not taking it seriously, he's not yet at rock bottom, and it would be par for the course for how he's treated everything else in his young life.

Brtraker

1st Team
Nov 5, 2000
Decatur, Ala.
If this was truly voluntary on his part it may help, if he takes it seriously. I suspect that it was not truly voluntary and he was faced with some serious consequences if he didn't go in. If I am right, he ain't got a snowball chance in hades. JS

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I don't care for Manziel, and I think that going to rehab is just some more of his bull crap. It was not even mentioned (in the link) what kind of treatment he would be seeking at rehab. I'll believe it when I see it.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Johnny Manziel seems like a guy who doesn't know or understand the concept of moderation. He has been given a lot but has done really nothing with his gift. If he is sincere, he can straighten out his life. If not he'll flame out and become a Ryan Leaf.

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
If I remember correctly, Brett Farve had an alcohol problem his rookie year. Hopefully JFF can turn his life around and have a successful career.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
If I remember correctly, Brett Farve had an alcohol problem his rookie year. Hopefully JFF can turn his life around and have a successful career.
Farve also went to treatment for Vicadin (opiate) dependence and periods of heavy binge drinking back in the mid 1990's. He once said "I knew I was addicted when I flushed my last four pills down the toilet saying "I quit" and immediately I wanted to crawl in after them."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know many of you want to laugh and mock Johnny, but you might consider he just saw a teammate fail another drug test that very well might lead to a year-long suspension. Josh Gordon's failed drug test came out the previous week. I may be naive, but I'm going to give Johnny the benefit of the doubt and say he saw what Gordon faced and realizes he doesn't want the same to happen to him.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
All these comments about hitting "rock bottom". Rock bottom is when you choose to stop digging. It's all relative. Just because he has money doesn't mean he hasn't hit his bottom.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Johnny Manziel seems like a guy who doesn't know or understand the concept of moderation. He has been given a lot but has done really nothing with his gift. If he is sincere, he can straighten out his life. If not he'll flame out and become a Ryan Leaf.
i'm willing to bet that he has never been taught the need for moderation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.