Dee Liner Tweets "Officially Released from the UofA"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@Liner_25 Officially been released from the UofA!! Wanna thank them for everything they have done for me and the opportunity they gave me!

@Liner_25 Thank Coach Saban and his staff for everything! But it's time for me to start a new Journey!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
By "released" I assume he means allowed to find another team? Were there any misconduct or academic issues?
Yes, he appears to be transferring. There weren't any public issues with Dee. He was just in a stacked DL group.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
The timing of these right before NSD is always a bit disconcerting to me.

Seems like he could have found a new school before the start of the semester, but I guess he is in a situation where he would either have to sit out next year regardless if he stays in the same division.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I wish him the best of luck and thanks for coming to Bama. However, this is a lesson to us all not to get crazy over a kids recruitment.
This.

Ive been meaning to make make this point In regards to recruiting to the ones who sounded upset with the recent commits switching schools. Sometimes a kid just isn't a good fit for any one particular school. No matter how good a player is sometimes they just can't grow to be successful under a certain program. I'm sure we can discuss all the various factors that go into what allows a player the best chances, but sometimes they just can't get it all together with all the other talent around them, some start to feel demoralized and of course that in turns had an affect on the motivation, attitude and eventually people around you. Soon instead of getting upset we should simply understand its all apart of the process to be a prennial national power football team.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
too bad, he had potential to be really good. Spring and Fall camp would have been an opportunity for him to make a move on the depth chart. Alabama rotates 8-9 guys on the DL, he could be in that rotation if he work hard enough. he was usually seen in mop up duty last season. his departure is unexpected.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It is ultimately how a young man adapts to college life, being away from family and understanding how the game is played at the college level. For some of these recruits it is the first time they are confronted with teammates who are as good or better than they are and it is probably the first time they are not starters. They also may have difficulty understanding that at this level it is really about the role they will play which is probably not on every down, especially as a defensive player, RB or WR. Whatever the reason, I wish Dee the best in his future.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Yeah Liner never was able to get on the field much at all and as a rising junior he had too many guys in front of him. The competition on our DL is fierce. I wish him luck and hope the transfer works out for him.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
He gave up too soon. I think he had the talent, he just never made enough progress to this point to get on the field consistently. Reggie Ragland waited his turn and will be a 1st rounder next year barring injury. I think Dee could have been a similar to Ragland story if he had stayed.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
How? I thought he was smart to recognize the situationand did what's best for his situation. Look at DL depth chart..
DE: Allen, Tomlinson, Liner
NT Robinson/Taylor and Lake
DE: Reed, Pettway and Hand.
Add the freshman, Darran payne and maybe Jefferson..(I'm guessing)
It would be real hard for Liner to crack the rotation for the playing time, because of the depth we have at DL. Even we lose Allen/Reed next year.. would Dee Liner still be able to crack rotation by then? Liner is good, but maybe it would be good for him to start fresh somewhere and still have a shot at NFL...

He gave up too soon. I think he had the talent, he just never made enough progress to this point to get on the field consistently. Reggie Ragland waited his turn and will be a 1st rounder next year barring injury. I think Dee could have been a similar to Ragland story if he had stayed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How? I thought he was smart to recognize the situationand did what's best for his situation. Look at DL depth chart..
DE: Allen, Tomlinson, Liner
NT Robinson/Taylor and Lake
DE: Reed, Pettway and Hand.
Add the freshman, Darran payne and maybe Jefferson..(I'm guessing)
It would be real hard for Liner to crack the rotation for the playing time, because of the depth we have at DL. Even we lose Allen/Reed next year.. would Dee Liner still be able to crack rotation by then? Liner is good, but maybe it would be good for him to start fresh somewhere and still have a shot at NFL...

Allen could very well leave early for the draft. Reed and Pettway are gone. That leaves Tomlinson and Hand (going off your list) as Liner's main competition. The way Bama is rotating DL, he would have played.

Liner's problem comes from the 2013 Tennessee game. He was set to redshirt in 2013 but played in the Tennessee game, so he lost his redshirt season. That has to be frustrating for him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Can he really afford to wait til senior to get playing time? Will it be enough to get a chance in NFL? That's why I thought he's making a wise decision to go somewhere, and get at least two season worth of film enough to show NFL He's ready. I do expect him to play at lower division schools, but I don't know if he'll stay at home though.

Allen could very well leave early for the draft. Reed and Pettway are gone. That leaves Tomlinson and Hand (going off your list) as Liner's main competition. The way Bama is rotating DL, he would have played.

Liner's problem comes from the 2013 Tennessee game. He was set to redshirt in 2013 but played in the Tennessee game, so he lost his redshirt season. That has to be frustrating for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.