Link: Looks like the anti-vaxxers are creating a nice little outbreak.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Its not just those against the vaccines. It's also a lot of bodies moving into the country that have not been vaccinated in their home country but are sitting next to mine and your kid in school and allowed to do so without being forced to have the same vaccinations mine and yours does. Little Johnny has to have a blue form showing he's been properly vaccinated before letting him go to school. Little Jose gets to walk in and take a seat and no one can ask questions because he's from an immigrant family that is quite possibly (gasp) illegal.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Its not just those against the vaccines. It's also a lot of bodies moving into the country that have not been vaccinated in their home country but are sitting next to mine and your kid in school and allowed to do so without being forced to have the same vaccinations mine and yours does. Little Johnny has to have a blue form showing he's been properly vaccinated before letting him go to school. Little Jose gets to walk in and take a seat and no one can ask questions because he's from an immigrant family that is quite possibly (gasp) illegal.
Now you going full bigot on us. Y'all repubs just can't let it go can y'all?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and little johnny can just claim that he has a "religious exception" and not have to be vaccinated either.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I'm not anti-vax but I will say I watched two of my former neighbors daughters die after several years of suffering because a vaccine messed them up bad. They both had to live on respirators and were confined to wheel chairs and their immune systems were destroyed.....by vaccines. Oh yeah, did I mention the round the clock nursing that was required?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not anti-vax but I will say I watched two of my former neighbors daughters die after several years of suffering because a vaccine messed them up bad. They both had to live on respirators and were confined to wheel chairs and their immune systems were destroyed.....by vaccines. Oh yeah, did I mention the round the clock nursing that was required?
That is unfortunate but I would think those are very rare instances. Are those rare instances worth doing completely away with vaccines and exposing millions upon millions to a deadly disease?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
One of my best friends lost his oldest (teenage) daughter to a "flu" vaccine she received. She only got the shot because she was encouraged to do so by the administrators at the high school she attended. She got violently ill and lost consciousness and was immediately transported by ambulance to the hospital. She was comatose for almost 2 weeks before she died.
I'm old enough that all my kids are grown and have families of their own. But I'll never, ever tell my grandkids that they should get vaccinated unless it's something their parents want done.
Screw the vaccines, everyone who says we should get them, and everyone else who calls us "anti-vaxxers" or otherwise denigrates us for not conforming to their pro-government agenda.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I'm not anti-vax either. Nor do I put too much credence in the supposed vax-autism link. I'm vaccinated. My kids are vaccinated. My animals are vaccinated. IMO, vaccines rock.

I don't think pro-vax/anti-vax or autism/no-autism is the important debate however. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the state forcing preventive medicine on people. We're not talking about parents denying treatment for an existing condition here. We're talking about parents who may, for whatever reason, choose to forego medically recommended preventive actions. Seems to me this isn't too much different than the whole "Big Gulp" legality issue or Michelle's crackdown on school lunches, or the ACA mandation. If you're worried about the "unclean" spreading their disease to your kids, get your kids vaccinated. Problem solved.

IMO, it's the personal liberty issue (not the autism or any other vax-suspicious issue) that is important to 70-80% of those who argue against mandated vaccination. It's not the vaccination they're arguing against. It's the mandation of it that they object to.

Washington Post Spin: Repubs Hate Science

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
One of my best friends lost his oldest (teenage) daughter to a "flu" vaccine she received. She only got the shot because she was encouraged to do so by the administrators at the high school she attended. She got violently ill and lost consciousness and was immediately transported by ambulance to the hospital. She was comatose for almost 2 weeks before she died.
I'm old enough that all my kids are grown and have families of their own. But I'll never, ever tell my grandkids that they should get vaccinated unless it's something their parents want done.
Screw the vaccines, everyone who says we should get them, and everyone else who calls us "anti-vaxxers" or otherwise denigrates us for not conforming to their pro-government agenda.
So what is worse? 0.0004% or 2.6million. I'll give you a hint the first is the percentage of severe reactions to the MMR vaccine. The second is he number if deaths per year prior to 1980 when the measles vaccine became prevalent. With measles causing 2 deaths per 1000 you are 5x better taking the vaccine.

I don't mind you not getting the vaccine. I do mind you not getting it and wanting to take part in society. Nut jobs that think like this will have all kinds of goodies like polio back soon.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
So what is worse? 0.0004% or 2.6million. I'll give you a hint the first is the percentage of severe reactions to the MMR vaccine. The second is he number if deaths per year prior to 1980 when the measles vaccine became prevalent. With measles causing 2 deaths per 1000 you are 5x better taking the vaccine.
I don't mind you not getting the vaccine. I do mind you not getting it and wanting to take part in society. Nut jobs that think like this will have all kinds of goodies like polio back soon.
You can quote all the numbers you want. When one of your own get deathly ill because of a vaccine, those number tend to mean less than 00.00%

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
mexico has similar or higher vaccination rates than the us.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not anti-vax either. Nor do I put too much credence in the supposed vax-autism link. I'm vaccinated. My kids are vaccinated. My animals are vaccinated. IMO, vaccines rock.

I don't think pro-vax/anti-vax or autism/no-autism is the important debate however. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the state forcing preventive medicine on people. We're not talking about parents denying treatment for an existing condition here. We're talking about parents who may, for whatever reason, choose to forego medically recommended preventive actions. Seems to me this isn't too much different than the whole "Big Gulp" legality issue or Michelle's crackdown on school lunches, or the ACA mandation. If you're worried about the "unclean" spreading their disease to your kids, get your kids vaccinated. Problem solved.

IMO, it's the personal liberty issue (not the autism or any other vax-suspicious issue) that is important to 70-80% of those who argue against mandated vaccination. It's not the vaccination they're arguing against. It's the mandation of it that they object to.

Washington Post Spin: Repubs Hate Science
herd immunity

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.