***ALABAMA LOI's Received Thread*** (communicate here on NSD)

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
I kind of have a good feeling on Jefferson. Why would Bama wait until the last minute to ask Christian Bell to greyshirt if they didn't have someone last minute say they were coming? Bell said they asked him to greyshirt last week. Everyone else was pretty much known at that point. I think the staff has a good feeling someone else is signing and since he stopped at Bama going and coming to Ole Miss, I think it's Jefferson.

Last edited:

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I kind of have a good feeling on Jefferson. Why would Bama wait until the last minute to ask Christian Bell to greyshirt if they didn't have someone last minute say they were coming. Bell said they asked him to greyshirt last week. Everyone else was pretty much known at that point. I think the staff has a good feeling someone else is signing and since he stopped at Bama going and coming to Ole Miss, I think it's Jefferson.
Everything I've seen or read says we asked Bell to grayshirt because he needs to work to get big enough to have a shot at competing for a position. We've got the space in terms of numbers but from what it seems the staff thinks if he wants to have a shot at playing for us he's got some work to do.

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC
Everything I've seen or read says we asked Bell to grayshirt because he needs to work to get big enough to have a shot at competing for a position. We've got the space in terms of numbers but from what it seems the staff thinks if he wants to have a shot at playing for us he's got some work to do.
There would need to be a scholarship-usage reason for Saban to ask him to grayshirt. If we don't take 25 for the class, then we're hitting the 85 team limit.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
That's not how it works.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Tell me if I'm wrong... Looked at the roster for Bama.. I took out the senior class and transfer people... I hope my numbers is right, but We have 109 players.. including walkon and 2015 signees. I would think that we already went past 85 limit on scholarship... meaning I think we're going to see maybe 2-5 people leaving after spring due to medical disqualification or transfer....
That's not how it works.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Tell me if I'm wrong... Looked at the roster for Bama.. I took out the senior class and transfer people... I hope my numbers is right, but We have 109 players.. including walkon and 2015 signees. I would think that we already went past 85 limit on scholarship... meaning I think we're going to see maybe 2-5 people leaving after spring due to medical disqualification or transfer....
I saw on 247sports that Dee Liner had tweeted that he had been released from his scholarship. He praised the coaches and the University. I hadn't seen anything about this on the forum or anywhere else on the internet, but that would open a spot on the 85 limit.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
No matter what the rest of the day holds, this has been another stellar signing day. Coach Saban and his team are remarkable.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
65 currently on scholarship after transfers and early entries counting Scarbrough. With 23 "new" commitments, that puts Bama up to 88. They'll have 3 extra to exit via transfer/medical/etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.