DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Signs With Florida (Update: Page 9; finally signs)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: ***CeCe Jefferson signs with....(1:00CST)

Commits to Florida.
Wow - I'm glad. Now Bama won't be facing him anytime soon, unless it's in Atlanta, and I think barring any miracles that won't happen before he leaves. I think it may take JMAC that long.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Let me clarify that he committed to Florida. I have not yet seen where he has actually submitted a signed LOI. Given the ongoing Cowart nonsense, that's a distinction likely worth noting.

Either way, don't expect him at Alabama.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

That was a solid pickup for UF ... really was looking bad for them for a second.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida

I'm okay with this. he would have been a great pickup for us, but if he's going elsewhere, I'd rather it be UF than Auburn or Ole Miss. Best of luck to him

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

FWIW, the Florida website still does not list Jefferson as a signee, which means he hasn't transmitted a signed LOI to them yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

FWIW, the Florida website still does not list Jefferson as a signee, which means he hasn't transmitted a signed LOI to them yet.
I'd be very nervous if I was a Florida fan.

@Frank_Frangie: CeCe Jefferson just told me on-air he is faxing the letter-of-intent to UF tomorrow morning. So you can relax.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

From 247:

Florida landed a commitment from 5-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson on Wednesday afternoon, but as of Thursday morning, Jefferson has yet to become an official member of the Gators' 2015 signing class.

As of 10:45 a.m., GatorBait.net can confirm that Jefferson has not yet faxed the national letter of intent he signed live on the air on ESPNU on Wednesday. Jefferson had planned to send it Thursday morning instead of on signing day after hosting a big party and barbecue at his house to announce his decision on TV.

Jefferson's father, Leo Jefferson, confirmed that the fax has not yet been sent.

"No, sir," Jefferson said.

Asked by 247Sports if there was a reason the fax has not yet been sent, Jefferson replied simply "Yes, sir." Prompted for a reason, Jefferson replied "I can't tell you that."

Brady Ackerman, a sideline reporter for the Gator Sports Network, reported live on the air with Bill King on 94.9 The Game in Nashville, Tenn., that Jefferson's father is refusing to sign the letter of intent.

"Now he's going to be a Gator, but as of right now his letter of intent has not been received by Florida," Ackerman said. "You say, well what's the story there, Brady? There's a lot of back story to this, so I'm giving you what people I know in Baker County in Florida, Macclenny just outside of Jacksonville, are telling me, Bill. Not what the coaches are telling me, not what I think that I know from the inside the University of Florida. This is straight from the folks I know at Baker County, and I know a lot of them.

"Apparently his dad is not allowing him to sign with Florida just yet. His dad, his mom, while live together don't see eye to eye. The mom wants him to go to Florida. There's a lot of Gators in Baker County. As you know, the proximity, Bill, is very close to the University of Florida. This kid wants to be a Gator and apparently his dad is not signing it. From what I understand, he's 19, but I was also told a parent still has to sign it.

"That's where the story ends for me right now. From the Florida perspective, they feel very confident that CeCe Jefferson will be a Gator and that he is a Gator, but from the legal standpoint, we kind of went through this yesterday with [Byron] Cowart down at Armwood, it's not officially official, if you will."

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Basic Update: It's approaching noon in Gainesville on the day after NSD and Florida still does not have a signed LOI from Jefferson.

Lots of rumors swirling here -- some just plain bad, and others outright scandalous -- and no one knows what is really going on. Regardless, I think it's obvious that there is no good, justifiable reason for why his LOI hasn't arrived in Gainesville. He can say all of the glowing words that he wants, but actions are what counts, and his actions are unequivocal by this point.

We'll see what happens, but who knows? Perhaps he ends up at Florida, but I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he signs with Auburn in the next day or two. He might even end up at Ole Miss at this rate. Either way, I hope he doesn't end up in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Lots of rumors swirling here, and no one knows what is going on. Regardless, I think it's obvious that there is no good, justifiable reason for why his LOI hasn't arrived in Gainesville. He can say all of the glowing words that he wants, but actions are what counts, and his actions are unequivocal by this point.

We'll see what happens, but who knows? Perhaps he ends up at Florida, but I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he signs with Auburn in the next day or two.
You know Cowart`s all over him to make it a trifecta.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I'd be very nervous if I was a Florida fan..
Quite honestly, at this point I would suggest they should be more relieved if he goes elsewhere.

Besides, it's not like the lack of a DE/LB is what plagues the Gators anyway, and no matter how good Jefferson may become -- and it wouldn't shock if he turned out to be a bust, mind you -- he's not going to address any of their woes on the OL or at QB and WR.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This may be a same case where a parent won't sign the LOI, but both of them have different reasons....

Alex's mom took the LOI, because she had never seen the school Arkansas and she was only looking out for him.... Alex didn't tell anyone what school he was going for... http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...rule-in-dire-need-of-an-update-060934596.html

And in this case, Cece Jefferson's dad won't sign the LOI and based on what I've heard and read so far, This could be a bad situation where it's possible that NCAA will get invovled... I doubt it, but that's why I said " I wonder if NCAA is watching this... or monitoring the situation if you will... Two different situations....

Why would the NCAA watch this? The same situation happened to Alex Collins in 2013 when he signed with Arkansas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.